iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Super C RV Park Restrictions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/super-c-rv-park-restrictions-513130.html)

Seabee Chief 10-31-2020 09:51 AM

Super C RV Park Restrictions

Watching a video on YouTube and someone mentioned that some RV parks would not allow Super C RV's, like Renegade or Seneca.

Any of y'all ever heard of this, or faced the situation? What is the problem?

Chief

deandec 10-31-2020 10:01 AM

RV Resorts with occupants that each own their lot may have an HOA that allows only motorhomes of a certain length or only Class A motorhomes.

The lot owners may rent their lot to transients when they are not using it, but the restrictions remain.

Gary RVRoamer 10-31-2020 07:50 PM

Exclusive resort parks that bill themselves as "Class A Motorhome Only" would not allow a Super C, or any C for that matter. There aren't very many such places and they don't hide their restrictions, so you won't get surprised.

hohenwald48 10-31-2020 09:22 PM

As a matter of fact, there many class A only resorts. They just aren't listed in regular campground directories. Some folks seek them out.

Gary RVRoamer 11-01-2020 06:26 AM

I guess it depends on what you call "many". :rolleyes: There are nearly 15,000 RV campgrounds in the USA, but probably about 50 that are Class A only.

We've stayed in several, mostly along the East & West Coasts in prime resort areas.

petrel 11-01-2020 07:06 AM

Yes, it is a thing. We've accidentally booked into one before, but noticed our mistake before arrival. Fortunately there aren't many of them. However, they are almost always beautiful spots. Had one A-only spot say they could make an exception if we had "full paint," instead of white n stainless.

PbFoot 11-01-2020 01:53 PM

This is a real dilemma for me, causing me to rethink my purchase of a new Renegade Classic vs a Newmar King Aire or Essex.
Would like to be able to spend some time at some of these luxury resorts in Montana, California and Nevada.
I know it’s such a “first world” problem to have but it’s slowing down my retirement plans. :cool:

Isaac-1 11-01-2020 04:22 PM

There are all sorts of places with all sorts of restrictions out there, a few years ago when looking for potential commercial campgrounds near Yellowstone, I ran across one that was not only class A only, but the class A must be over 34 ft long.

WorldCat25 11-01-2020 05:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe some of these Class A resorts were founded by the Class A manufacturers as an exclusive park for purchasers of their coaches. I've attached a picture of one in California that some friends own a place in. Truely a delightful place. 9 hole par 3 golf course, club house, every pad has a custom enclosure with kitchen, bath, laundry room and lounge area. Some of the rigs we saw were incredible. In fact, our friends traded in their 37' Nemar for a 45" tag axle - I think maybe because they felt they needed to keep up with the others.

By the way, we had to stay around the corner in our Super C. We'll keep doing our boondocking thing but it would be nice to stay with them for a few days.

Attachment 306677

hohenwald48 11-02-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer (Post 5503840)
I guess it depends on what you call "many". :rolleyes: There are nearly 15,000 RV campgrounds in the USA, but probably about 50 that are Class A only.

We've stayed in several, mostly along the East & West Coasts in prime resort areas.

There are probably more than 50 in Florida alone. We stay in class A only resorts as much as possible and seldom have any trouble finding one no matter where we are in the country.

UTTransplant 11-02-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hohenwald48 (Post 5505973)
There are probably more than 50 in Florida alone. We stay in class A only resorts as much as possible and seldom have any trouble finding one no matter where we are in the country.

Your numbers are probably accurate. We haven’t ever stayed at one because we don’t like the price tag, but I certainly have driven past a number of them. I think they concentrate in snowbird locations, though I have seen some in lovely spots in Wyoming and Idaho. I guess if your non-RVing life matches these resorts, they are a better fit. The ones we have seen are really lovely, but run $80-100+ a night. I have seen some advertised at around $200. They seem to have enough people renting/buying there, but I have never needed to find a place and the only option was a Class A resort.

RonLC 11-02-2020 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We have run into this several times. Most of the parks that will not accommodate us are deed restricted and cannot easily change. We try to stay in parks that please us like this one.

Old-Biscuit 11-02-2020 06:19 PM

They are a business and allowed to get rules/restrictions that are cost beneficial to them

I agree with Groucho Marx
https://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/27/11...7f87b7f20e.jpg

My money, my CHOICE so if they don't want my business that is OK
My RV has wheels and LOTS of other places to stay

It would NOT restrict my choice in an RV

Simple.....

happy2rv 11-02-2020 07:15 PM

I don't think I will ever make a decision on which RV is right for me based on a few parks snobbish rules. Yes, there are a few "Motorcoach" or Class A only campgrounds around. Most of them appear to be very nice facilities, but in almost every instance, there are very nice alternatives nearby that don't have such restrictions.

I think this is one of those rules that doesn't really make much sense. There are MANY fifth wheels, Super-Cs, and luxury trailers that are both more expensive and draw a more sophisticated owner than MANY class A motor homes. Think Flair and Hurricane vs Grand Design travel trailer or any of the upscale fifth wheels.

I also think the premise that you spent more money on your RV, so you must be classier is just plain wrong. I've seen some of the least friendly and least classy people come out of some of the most expensive RVs.

I don't have anything against kids, but age restricted parks make MUCH more sense to em than Class A only...

We will probably move back to a Class A when we retire simply because it's more convenient while traveling. We may someday stay in one of those Motorcoach only exclusive resorts, but I wouldn't necessarily seek one out and I've never felt particularly limited in my travels based on the RV I had at the time and I've owned multiple class A, class C, and now a travel trailer...