iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Super C RV Park Restrictions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/super-c-rv-park-restrictions-513130.html)

EcoRick 11-02-2020 09:44 PM

As ridiculous as it sounds, we purchased a Class A because we didn’t want to be restricted on a resort we wanted to stay at. When we started looking at all types of RV’s, we also looked at resorts we’d like to stay at. There were too many that we wouldn’t be able to get into without a Class A. We were leaning towards a Class A and this tipped it in for us. I hope at some time in the near future Super C’s can be added since some are incredible and cost far more than the class A that gain entry.

hohenwald48 11-03-2020 04:09 PM

I also enjoy eating in restaurants where men are required to wear jackets. The business sets the rules and the patrons abide by them. If you don't want to stay there then don't. Many folks do. You can call it snobbish if you want. Some folk drink 12 year old scotch and some folks prefer Busch beer. No big deal. My choice and I worked long and hard to be able to make the choice.

I think the ones who are "snobbish" are the ones who are critical of my choices just because they make other choices.

Roger G 11-03-2020 06:25 PM

I own a lot in a Class A only park. The restriction is not there because we look down upon Class C’s or Fifth Wheels. The restriction is there because the original developers thought it made their park more exclusive and thus more expensive The majority of owners could care less what type of RV you own, granted there will always be one owner who buys into the perceived exclusivity. In our case we have little ability to change the covenants originally established by the developer. Our covenants require 75% of the owners be present and to vote to change anything. Getting 75% of the owners to physically be present for a vote is about like herding cats.

zman62 11-03-2020 06:41 PM

We have found those class A only resorts are top notch! We try and plane our trips around them.

Honestly after 14 coaches I don’t understand the draw to a super C. You can’t go in the nice resorts, have less room/storage vs a class A. Tow capacities are equal, prices are equal, just don’t get it

Bob_C 11-03-2020 07:01 PM

And most of you need to pay someone to change a light bulb......

Chrome 11-03-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PbFoot (Post 5504333)
This is a real dilemma for me, causing me to rethink my purchase of a new Renegade Classic vs a Newmar King Aire or Essex.
Would like to be able to spend some time at some of these luxury resorts in Montana, California and Nevada.
I know it’s such a “first world” problem to have but it’s slowing down my retirement plans. :cool:

In the Palm Springs area (Indio) they have a "Motorcoach RV Resort" and its strictly "newer, better, longer and nicer rigs. It was once owned by owners of Monaco and Prevost.
A beautiful park and Class A buses only.

Chrome 11-03-2020 07:46 PM

They make all kinds of RV's and we all fit into a mould some where. If we all bought the same rig it would be boring!
Some super "Cs" don't fit into a certain park, that's OK.
Sometimes my 40' Dp will not fit into some older parks that were made for smaller units. That's OK
Buy the one that suits you, love it, drive it and go where you please.

happy2rv 11-03-2020 10:26 PM

For what its worth, call it exclusivity or snobbish, my point was I personally don't believe it achieves the intended objective. The price point and environment do more to achieve the objective than the restrictions IMHO. I do agree the owners and developers have every right, within the law, to restrict their facilities any way they desire. I meant no disrespect to anyone who chooses to use these facilities and even indicated I might in the future. I do like upscale/luxury resorts on occasion, especially special occasions.

The point I was trying to make, at least for me, is that the number of parks that restrict you to class A only isn't generally a factor in finding a nice park. Are some of the luxury resorts really nice? Yes! Would I choose my RV based on access to these limited number of facilities? No! Anyone else is obviously entitled to their own opinion. It wasn't my intent to imply that anyone who utilizes these facilities are snobs, although if that's your primary motivation for selecting the "best" RV for your needs, one might wonder...

There are many reasons to select a class A and there are many reasons to select other types of RVs. My selection criteria tends to be somewhat more utilitarian. Personally, I would generally choose a class A over a class C or Super C in most instances. However, they make different types of RVs for a reason.

twogypsies 11-04-2020 12:42 PM

Sure glad we like public parks and boondocking on public lands. Makes it so much easier and more pleasant! :)

Dutch Star Don 11-04-2020 03:42 PM

Just for the record, not all of the Class A motor coach parks are outrageously priced. When you buy a lot at most of them, just like houses, there are more expensive sites than others, like ocean view versus the rear of the park. People are also allowed to upgrade their sites, like adding cabanas, custom BBQ's and entertainment centers. Some just elect to leave the site as it was originally setup.

There is a nice motor coach resort in Florence, Oregon, with ocean front sites. Last year we were looking for a spot over the crowded Labor Day weekend and was able to get 4 nights at that park for $70.00 a night. In Oregon, and especially California, that was about $20.00 per night less than other parks that are not restricted. Now one of the ocean view sites was $130.00, but we were happy with our site.

LarryinID 11-08-2020 04:01 PM

Fortunately it is very rare for us to stay in a commercial RV park.

While traveling try welcomeboondockers.com. Since I offer a space it is free. Sometimes length restrictions but never saw any about equipment.

Johnynorthla 11-08-2020 04:06 PM

The key word I’ve found is that they call themselves “motor coach” resorts.

Blackey Cole 11-08-2020 05:55 PM

I have found more locations that turned me away because of my old rest her soak. She was an American Staffature terrier, related to pit pills. Current dog is a pit but both are lovers not fighters. So if you have pets look for that also as well as the 10 year age limit restriction. Best to find a spot, go to the website and call them explain your situation and see what they say. Money is money if you are there mid week they might over look things.

augerdogger 11-08-2020 07:02 PM

I was turned down at Class A MH home parks a few times in the 20 yrs I owned Featherlite bus conversions. The park by-laws say Class A MH only and that is what they park. Why argue, head down the road to a park that the noses are not so high in the air. IMO a bus conversion is the safest MH you can buy.