iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Military / Veteran RVing (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f96/)
-   -   RV with firearms (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f96/rv-with-firearms-514497.html)

RightUR 05-28-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray,IN (Post 5530495)
:thumb: We are admitted at the whim of the installation commander.

Exactly.

RightUR 05-28-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooperhawk (Post 5765391)
I normally would just let this go by but perhaps you could justify that last statement because I see no trend like that at all.:cool:

Oh God No. You definitely don't want that to be/become a TREND. Even once is too much.
Even if it happens once, that's the Garrison commanders Axx, he's practically gone...if lucky, unpromotable. So it's in DoD's best interest to no even let it become an issue. Sorry if it causes the "poor civilians" some discomfort. LOL. Ask DoD if they care. It's their "house" now we wanna dictate policy?

El Chapo 06-06-2021 12:03 AM

I have PTS (I don't call it a "disorder") rated by the VA for my service to this country. I'm glad it's not up to you guys on which rights I get to keep. Especially those who don't understand PTS.

Odds are the drinks and prescription meds you take affect your reasoning and stability more than my life experiences affect mine. But I'm not trying to take away your rights. Get a mirror, stone thrower.

RightUR 06-07-2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Chapo (Post 5780099)
I have PTS (I don't call it a "disorder") rated by the VA for my service to this country. I'm glad it's not up to you guys on which rights I get to keep. Especially those who don't understand PTS.

Odds are the drinks and prescription meds you take affect your reasoning and stability more than my life experiences affect mine. But I'm not trying to take away your rights. Get a mirror, stone thrower.

I know you're not talking to me. And I'm willing to bet some here have PTSD and are just not saying it. You're not alone brother.

RScottB 06-13-2021 01:57 AM

WTF

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Chapo (Post 5780099)

Ditto

markandkim 06-22-2021 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RScottB (Post 5789242)
Ditto

:thumb: 2nd ditto!

PS56 06-22-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleagle (Post 5517537)
I did a search for information on this, within the group. I came up with two links and both were outdated. Any one know what the current rules are if you stay at a "on base RV camp ground".

You can also store them with some gunshops.
https://www.guns.com/news/2020/10/29...ners-in-crisis

LETMGROW 06-22-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooperhawk (Post 5766890)
From someone who suffers from it, thank you. We are often cast in a bad light, and unfairly in my opinion.🤔

Thank you for your service.

VanDiemen23 06-22-2021 01:17 PM

Whether you relate it to PTSD or not, suicide is the problem.

PS56 06-22-2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanDiemen23 (Post 5801623)
Whether you relate it to PTSD or not, suicide is the problem.

Although the suicide rate among military populations is comparable to broader civilian rates, Van Winkle said, this is hardly comforting, and the numbers are not moving in the right direction

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News...amily-members/

DOD report - and the misconceptions.

swduns 06-22-2021 04:31 PM

The first thing they tell you in the military is that you are now under the UCMJ uniform code of military justice. The military has its own set of law enforcement rules that take precedent. When your on a military base you need to follow the rules. The military donít take much crap from people.

RScottB 06-23-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swduns (Post 5801847)
The first thing they tell you in the military is that you are now under the UCMJ uniform code of military justice. The military has its own set of law enforcement rules that take precedent. When your on a military base you need to follow the rules. The military donít take much crap from people.

And since many of us are retired we are still on the 'rolls', we are technically subject to UCMJ. Retired and prosecuted under UCMJ does not happen often, maybe if you O7 flag officer or higher...

SgtJac 07-07-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2zon (Post 5766738)

They are reevaluated periodically, at least if they were medically retired with that as a component. It is not at all clear to me that the reevaluation process helps with anything. At all. It mostly adds stress to their lives. Evaluators want to bring up stuff they'd rather let fade. They don't need to be reminded. The nightmares often take years to stop after an intense deployment as it is.

The ones I know are peaceful folk. They have seen enough violence to last a lifetime. They have no wish to see any more, ever.

More to the point, rarely are these guys involved in any sort of mass shooting. And, from WWI forward, there have been a *lot* of them. So unless you have some direct evidence to offer, I think your hope is misplaced. Let 'em be.

Let em be.. Great advice. Many 11B's, 003's from VN to Today ARE indeed peaceful folks. Thanks!:thumb:

TonyMac 07-07-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RightUR (Post 5763047)
So, Yes the majority of folks are trained in the use of firearms, But military bases are also the places where you will find many afflicted by PTSD.

"many" is a gross exaggeration. Please don't categorize us that way. I'm a 24 year air force vet, with 10 OEF/OIF/OND deployments in the C-130. I'm also the son of a 31 year 3-war Marine vet. PTSD is rare in the extreme, in my experience. I've known alot of guys who've done some spooky things, and they are just fine.