iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Leaking gray water pipe in the wall and between floor. (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/leaking-gray-water-pipe-in-the-wall-and-between-floor-518565.html)

Leary54 12-18-2020 06:36 PM

Leaking gray water pipe in the wall and between floor.

I have a leaking gray water pipe on my 2008 38F Fleetwood bounder turbo diesel. Itís leaking but I canít locate exactly where the leak is. The reason I canít locate the leak is because the pipe is not exposed. The pipe is between the floor and the under belly. I am wondering if anybody out there had this problem and could maybe give me some help with the direction I need to go. Thank you in advance for your help. John

Ljwt330 12-18-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leary54 (Post 5563296)
I have a leaking gray water pipe on my 2008 38F Fleetwood bounder turbo diesel. It’s leaking but I can’t locate exactly where the leak is. The reason I can’t locate the leak is because the pipe is not exposed. The pipe is between the floor and the under belly. I am wondering if anybody out there had this problem and could maybe give me some help with the direction I need to go. Thank you in advance for your help. John

Without a plumbing diagram everything is a guess. Hopefully someone can supply one to you.

Have you been able to determine which drain is causing the leak? If you can tell us which sink, or the shower, causes the leak, that will be a start. If the leak happens at more than one drain, then a common pipe is involved and a diagram is necessary.

Regardless, where you detect the leak is not likely to be where the break in the pipe is, but knowing which drain causes the leak, and its relative position to the grey tank, will help narrow down the location. At this point though, it seems you will need to eventually access the space, probably from the underside.

windsorbill 12-18-2020 07:01 PM

You might want to invest in something like this. Minimal damage while you are trying to identify and locate the problem. You might have a cracked pipe or possibly a joint came apart.

https://www.amazon.com/LZHZJOY-Megap...96371460&psc=1

Mile Marker 42 12-18-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsorbill (Post 5563333)
You might want to invest in something like this. Minimal damage while you are trying to identify and locate the problem.
https://www.amazon.com/LZHZJOY-Megap...96371460&psc=1

Great idea.

Leary54 12-18-2020 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ljwt330 (Post 5563318)
Without a plumbing diagram everything is a guess. Hopefully someone can supply one to you.

Have you been able to determine which drain is causing the leak? If you can tell us which sink, or the shower, causes the leak, that will be a start. If the leak happens at more than one drain, then a common pipe is involved and a diagram is necessary.

Regardless, where you detect the leak is not likely to be where the break in the pipe is, but knowing which drain causes the leak, and its relative position to the grey tank, will help narrow down the location. At this point though, it seems you will need to eventually access the space, probably from the underside.

Thanks for the info.

Leary54 12-18-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile Marker 42 (Post 5563339)
Great idea.

Thanks for the info

Leary54 12-18-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ljwt330 (Post 5563318)

Thanks for the info

153stars 12-18-2020 07:36 PM

Not a lot info to go on. There are many threads about leaks on slide with sinks due to flex pipe /hose and a spa hose seems to be the go to upgrade repair.
A wash tub in kitchen sink may help in short term if that's the one leaking.

Leary54 12-19-2020 04:37 PM

=153stars;5563370]Not a lot info to go on. There are many threads about leaks on slide with sinks due to flex pipe /hose and a spa hose seems to be the go to upgrade repair.
A wash tub in kitchen sink may help in short term if that's the one leaking.[/QUOTE]

I have the diagrams from Fleetwood. The problem seems to be in the gray water tank or the pipe leading to the gray water tank. I am going to attempt it from the underside tomorrow.

Outbound 12-19-2020 04:45 PM

If your kitchen is on a slide I would start there, moving in and out could cause a problem.