iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Gear and Product Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/)
-   -   Blackstone 22 Tabletop Griddle (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/blackstone-22-tabletop-griddle-519265.html)

AlanTerry 12-25-2020 12:35 PM

Blackstone 22 Tabletop Griddle

Hi was wondering of those who have this griddle do you feel safe in leaving it on your picknick table while you are away from your campsite? And or do you secure it somehow? It weighs 33 pounds and would be a PITA if needing to take in and out of storage bay all the time.

We’re trying to decide if the 17” griddle would be better at 26 pounds.

Digger01 12-25-2020 12:47 PM

Bought The 17" and it works great.

AlanTerry 12-25-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger01 (Post 5571408)
Bought The 17" and it works great.

So do you feel that one is not as heavy? Also do you leave it unattended at your campsite?

Wtbuck12 12-25-2020 03:58 PM

Recently bought a Blackstone 22" and love it. Spent a week in North Carolina a couple of weeks ago and it stayed out on the table the whole time. Maybe I'm too trusting, but I also don't lock the MH if we leave for a short time.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all.
Ronnie

allenb12 12-25-2020 05:23 PM

We have had the 17" for a couple of years. I would not want a heavier one. I always leave it on the picnic table unsecured. I did purchase the Blackstone hinged lid for it so it is not affected by rail.

Jayco19 12-25-2020 06:48 PM

I have the 22" and always leave it out along with lots of other things. Never had a problem with anything walking off.

Lt Dan 12-25-2020 08:28 PM

I have the 22" on a Blackstone stand and I have never hesitated at leaving it out when away from the site.

AlanTerry 12-26-2020 07:38 AM

Thanks everyone for your response. We purchased the 22 without realizing how heavy it was. We will return the 22 and get the 17 we like how well built they are. We haven’t had anything grow legs and take a hike ,but we’re curious as to storing it every time we used it.

Thanks again for your response.

54Calypso 12-26-2020 08:17 AM

We have the 22 from Wally World that comes with a lid and stand. I have a bad back, so I just carry it out in three parts. Slide it out, carry out the grill top, then the grill body, and finally the stand. We always leave it out with a cover. The only problem is the four footed bandits love the grease trap. Also the 22 has dual burners and makes a huge difference. If you are only going to use it to cook the occasional burger, the 17 would work great, but for us we do almost all of our cooking outside. The Blackstone is near the top of our favorite amenities.:thumb:

Wrascal 12-26-2020 08:28 AM

If a thief has a need for it then its weight will not be an impediment.

I always set up / leave my Weber Baby Q grills (and propane tank) on their designed stands. I also generally put out a propane firepit.

To date I've never had anything walk away.

treeoflib 12-26-2020 09:04 AM

We bought the 17" with the lid and find it to be the right size for my wife and I. It's also great for day trips and tailgating. We spent the day at a local Arizona lake and made cheesesteaks. But you already know all this.

JSM180 12-26-2020 09:34 AM

I travel with a weber Q and a 17" Blackstone and they sit out till I pack up to leave. But then I don't camp in the hood.

GypsyR 12-26-2020 08:02 PM

Funny aside about the different thoughts on security. I kind of feel someone's more likely to monkey with stuff in my RV at home than at a campground.
We like to camp with my daughter and son in law. They have a trailer and he locks EVERYTHING. Every time someone wants a mallet or something there he goes digging through the key to whichever cargo door. We left the camp together to go eat and had to wait while he put things in the camper and locked it all up. He asked about me locking up my RV next door and I replied "Lock my door nothing. It's not even shut properly. Let's go." :)

1Motorhome 12-26-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyR (Post 5572822)
Funny aside about the different thoughts on security. I kind of feel someone's more likely to monkey with stuff in my RV at home than at a campground.
We like to camp with my daughter and son in law. They have a trailer and he locks EVERYTHING. Every time someone wants a mallet or something there he goes digging through the key to whichever cargo door. We left the camp together to go eat and had to wait while he put things in the camper and locked it all up. He asked about me locking up my RV next door and I replied "Lock my door nothing. It's not even shut properly. Let's go." :)

A lock is only a speed bump to a thief!!!