iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Gear and Product Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/)
-   -   Blackstone 22” Tabletop Griddle (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/blackstone-22-tabletop-griddle-519265.html)

Jack962 12-28-2020 08:12 PM

I leave my 22” out all the time, no problems

AlanTerry 12-29-2020 04:32 PM

We did return the 22 and got the 17 griddle. Trying it tonight it did not perform! Although it does not say it is a warm weather griddle it is 30 degrees F and a little windy so we gave up and cooking on stove.

eddndee 02-04-2021 07:54 PM

I highly recommend the Napoleon portable grills if you want only one trip from the RV to quickly be set up and a hot grill in <10 mins. Mine doesn’t seem to be effected by the weather. I set it on the picnic table and leave it until I am ready to go home.

https://www.napoleon.com/en/us/grill...-2225-tq2225po

paul65k 02-04-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddndee (Post 5623601)
I highly recommend the Napoleon portable grills if you want only one trip from the RV to quickly be set up and a hot grill in <10 mins. Mine doesn’t seem to be effected by the weather. I set it on the picnic table and leave it until I am ready to go home.

https://www.napoleon.com/en/us/grill...-2225-tq2225po

How do you cook pancakes or scrambled eggs on that unit?? :confused:

eddndee 02-05-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul65k (Post 5623643)

I have a flat pot metal griddle, the same size as the grill plates. Heat it up and throw my bacon, my eggs or my pancake batter on in it. When done I clean the griddle and store it inside the grill. The nice thing about the Napoleon is; I can grab it and put it over my shoulder by the carry bag, grab the food in the other hand and still have a free hand when I leave the motorhome to start my meal.

eddndee 02-05-2021 09:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I have a flat pot metal griddle, the same size as the grill plates. Heat it up and throw my bacon, my eggs or my pancake batter on in it. When done I clean the griddle and store it inside the grill. The nice thing about the Napoleon is; I can grab it and put it over my shoulder by the carry bag, grab the food in the other hand and still have a free hand when I leave the motorhome to start my meal.

QuitaRN 02-15-2021 12:17 AM

All you Blackstone users, do you have problems w/rust? We've seasoned ours 3 different times and after 2-3 days it's rusting again. When done using it we leave it well oiled. Still it rusts.

JSM180 02-16-2021 05:20 AM

As long as I keep it sprayed down with Pam after cooling down I have no issues with rust.

ajsfla 04-05-2021 10:47 AM

cold weather blackstone leaving out in weather

For cooler days with wind i make some wind shields from aluminum foil and "hang" along the edges around the griddle and have them cover down close to the table top otherwise a cool wind will keep your griddle from getting hot enough.. Other times i'll take some foil twist it up into a roll and put between the bottom of the griddle and the top of the base again to bloc the wind.

as far as rust goes get a good cover or decent tarp to cover your outdoor kitchen. Walmart used to hace a carry bag that was heavy duty nylon i cover with.

I leave all my outdoor cooking out all the time including 2 burner stove small pellet smoker and griddle

tcgoetz 04-09-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

My Napolean came with a griddle plate that replaces one of the grill plates.

BOOZE TRAVEL 06-16-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSM180 (Post 5638118)
As long as I keep it sprayed down with Pam after cooling down I have no issues with rust.

As long as I use the cover it can sit for weeks outside with no rust even 3 blocks from the Ohio River in Indiana on an uncovered deck.

eddndee 07-05-2021 05:31 PM

Blackstone 22” Tabletop Griddle

1 Attachment(s)
I used the Napoleon this weekend. I love this grill. Everything shown on the table fits in the carry bag. Set up and take down in seconds, with one hand.
Attachment 334865

B RAD 07-05-2021 09:26 PM

One more vote for the Blackstone 17 inch. I us mine in the trailer and then bring it home for use. Love it so much I never have replaced the home BBQ grill that went bad last fall. I secure it to my lightweight camping table with an old bike lock. Of course someone can carry the whole thing away but it might slow down the casual thief.

Ldubs 07-05-2021 09:40 PM

I typically secure my RoadTrip grill to the picnic table with one of those python cable locks. But everything else is left out so I must not be too worried.

I'm beginning to like the idea of a table top grill. The Napoleon looks like a nice unit.