iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   Adding a 360 camera to a Allegro Bus (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/adding-a-360-camera-to-a-allegro-bus-525608.html)

kmeinke 02-20-2021 05:38 AM

Adding a 360 camera to a Allegro Bus

I have a 2019 45 OPP bus would like to add a 360 camera (if possible)

Has anyone added a 360 degree camera to their Bus (or other Tiffin vehicles)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

BroDan 02-20-2021 07:32 AM

I am not sure I understand what you are looking for. Where would you put a 360 degree camera and why?
I installed a Mobile Mule DVR and added a forward looking cam so I could record from the rear, mirrors, and forward cam. It also has g-sensors and saves recordings.

DRM901 02-20-2021 09:00 PM

I've seen it in Ford pickups, and it would be great to have it in our Bus, but I'm not aware of any manufacturer doing it yet. I think the key would be cable compatibility. If you figure it out, please post specifics.

SargeW 02-20-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroDan (Post 5643509)
I am not sure I understand what you are looking for. Where would you put a 360 degree camera and why?
I installed a Mobile Mule DVR and added a forward looking cam so I could record from the rear, mirrors, and forward cam. It also has g-sensors and saves recordings.

Interesting add on. Where did you purchase, and how difficult was it to access the existing camera feeds and run them to the DVR?

BroDan 02-21-2021 05:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I purchased it here;

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...obile-dvr.html

I bought connectors (svideo 4 pin mini din) because the pin assignments of the DVR inputs did not match those of the camera cables. As well the ground was not wired to a pin. I had to cut and modify the MM (mobile mule) adapter cables and solder them to the connectors I purchased to arrive at pin compatibility. It was difficult soldering since the connectors are quite small. That and the ground being via the shield makes it a bit "Rube Goldberg" but it's all there. This way I can unplug the DVR and put all of the cabling back without effort.

Once that was done, I mounted the DVR using double sided tape under the dash panel that is velcro'd in. The GPS sensor is in there with it and works fine since it is only covered by plastic and glass. The forward facing cam sits on top of the dash and I was able to snake the cable to the DVR. The turn signal indicator lines were migrated to the DVR input so the cameras are appropriately selected for display. The video into the dash display is driven by the DVR (only). The dash display is left on "forward" full screen. The DVR defaults to the rear cam but shifts to the mirror cams when the signals are active. I believe I also purchased the remote controller option for the DVR since I buried it in the dash.

We have had it installed for several trips now and so far so good. If there is interest I will try to remember to take some photos and post a short video clip from the DVR.

I wish everything was HD but close in vehicles are easily identified.

Everything was easily accessed in our case.

I will see if I can locate my notes on the RV. I think I have the pin assignments there.

Edit: I found the dox for the Triple Vision and appended them. The file is a bit rough but if one googles around the formal file is out on the IRV2 forum somewhere.

SargeW 02-21-2021 10:03 AM

I would love to see pics of your install Dan. I have pondered that for quite some time and have never settled on the right set up.

BroDan 02-22-2021 06:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, here are a some photos. The cam is one supplied as an option for the Mobile Mule. I pulled the cover and put the Mobile Mule in there. The GPS sensor is to the left of it.

The MM is under the 2nd from the right velcro tabs, and has the blue light on. It has the coil of wires over it. The GPS sensor is the small square black object to the left of the blue light with the unused jacks just left of it.

As we can see the GPS is not valid but that is because we are under the storage roof. The "Front" indicator is on for the Triple Vision, the MM is "recording" and the SD card status is in the upper left.

I'll add some screen prints of the software displays on the laptop when reading the SD card. I will say the software is a bit clunky but I am a retired mainframe bigot.

SargeW 02-26-2021 09:48 PM

Very nice work Dan. I can tell your skills came in quite handy putting this project together. BTW, I am also jealous of the access panel you have on the RED! No such access on the Bus.

BroDan 02-27-2021 10:34 AM

Thank you Sarge. I think it is working out well enough. I am still tweaking the options the box offers. For example, I can enable event recording for motion detection. So if the RV is in storage and something happens, there is a good chance I will have it on video.
The G sensors are adjustable as well.

Then there is the Weboost project LOL.

pete5016 04-16-2021 01:40 PM

I have an older Allegro Bus and am also looking at trying to install a 360 camera system (just like I have in Ford F-150). Has anyone installed one? Is a wireless one available on the market yet?

BroDan 04-16-2021 01:47 PM

I have not seen anything that competes with what I cobbled together using the mirror and aft cams supplied by Tiffin.
Good Luck.

I am surprised it has taken Tiffin so long to come up with a package that includes a 360 DVR and tire monitoring. I put both of those above having in motion TV.

fairway2002 04-19-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmeinke (Post 5643407)
I have a 2019 45 OPP bus would like to add a 360 camera (if possible)

Has anyone added a 360 degree camera to their Bus (or other Tiffin vehicles)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

The 360 cam in my 21/opp is not that great. Only uses 30% of the screen and have not found a way to change. Its not like on our GMCs.
Look at one before you spend the money.
I do love the dvr option.