iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Travel Trailer Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Jayco, Outdoors RV and something in between...? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/jayco-outdoors-rv-and-something-in-between-525675.html)

LIseverewx 02-20-2021 03:12 PM

Jayco, Outdoors RV and something in between...?

Hi all,

Just joined forum. Been wanting to get an RV travel trailer style for years and think I finally am between now and spring time. I have always looked at the Jayco’s (featherlite and white hawek models). Then I Began researching more and really fell in love with the outdoors RV brand for its quality and craftsmanship. However the price is definitely more than I was looking to spend. I am looking to purchase something used in the 23 to 26 foot range. Is there a manufacturer that makes some thing in between the quality of Jayco and outdoor RV? Any advice would be much appreciated. Also, my 3.5L v6 F150 prob will be close to its max tow capability with an outdoors rv weight which is another consideration I have to make.

Thank you!

Dnmatt 02-20-2021 05:25 PM

We have a Grand Design 2500RL which we love. Overall good quality. I pull it with my F150 3.6 ecoboost with max tow package. Does well.

tpaul 02-20-2021 07:37 PM

Rockwood/Flagstaff have a pretty good reputation. Although I think their Ultralight are pretty heavy. I think the Geo and Mini would be worth looking at. I like the fully laminated Azdel walls and roof on the Geo.

MarylandIUEC 02-20-2021 09:47 PM

As stated above Rockwood and Grand Design both have pretty decent reputations. Although I believe Grand Design was purchased by Thor industries recently so costs may have been cut in order to make some of their money back. Still, I'm a fan of their Imagine series of TTs.

bneukam 02-20-2021 10:08 PM

Another vote for Rockwood/Flagstaff. Fully insulated with foam board insulation. Depending on model the roof would be vacuum bonded, or laminated.

Grand Design, Winnebago, and ORV are all insulated with batten insulation in the roof, which I am not a fan. If you do decide on a used one of these models be sure to check for mold in the attic.

Dnmatt 02-20-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarylandIUEC (Post 5644459)
As stated above Rockwood and Grand Design both have pretty decent reputations. Although I believe Grand Design was purchased by Thor industries recently so costs may have been cut in order to make some of their money back. Still, I'm a fan of their Imagine series of TTs.

Grand Design was bought by Winnebago, not Thor. Jayco is owned by Thor.

We had a Rockwood Mini before our Grand Design and it was a very good trailer too.

MarylandIUEC 02-20-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnmatt (Post 5644485)
Grand Design was bought by Winnebago, not Thor. Jayco is owned by Thor.

We had a Rockwood Mini before our Grand Design and it was a very good trailer too.

You're right. I heard a salesman say Thor during one of those virtual RV shows recently but neglected to look it up myself. [emoji1360]

LIseverewx 02-20-2021 11:06 PM

Thank you guys. I will check out your suggestions tomorrow.

ardvark16 02-21-2021 08:21 PM

There are so many brands to choose from that it makes it pretty hard to choose. I have a 25’ Grand Design XLS that we are going to upgrade from. We are actually going from Grand Design to a Jayco Eagle HT. The quality of the Jayco HT seems better than the Grand Design Imagine series. Unfortunately the higher end Reflection line at GD are all long trailers. If I were you I would look at the Imagine XLS offerings. They are light weight and are very well made.

LIseverewx 02-23-2021 07:32 AM

Thanks Aardvark16. I will look at those as well. Well made is important to me.