iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   RV Systems & Appliances (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   Magnetek Converter - 6345 (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/magnetek-converter-6345-a-52889.html)

ratcity 05-31-2009 01:34 PM

Magnetek Converter - 6345
 
My Magnetek 6345 converter is not working right. Everything works on 110 but when I put it on battery only the radio works. If we wait about 5 minutes to 1/2 hour on 12 volt then all the lights and fans will work. And yes I have two new batteries. And I have tested the batteries and they are all right. When I put a tester on the converter when it is hooked up to 110 all the connection light up. But when I put it on 12 volt only the radio fuse lights up. Is there a way to work and replace things in the converter. Does anybody know where I can look for information on repairing my converter. Also where is the Magnetek web site.

RV Wizard 05-31-2009 08:24 PM

Welcome to iRV2.com. I am sure you will enjoy this website and forums. I would recommend you install a new charger that will be better for you new batteries. Check out an upgrade kit https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/c...FRJhnAodfnXJCQ

ratcity 06-01-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RV Wizard (Post 508367)
Welcome to iRV2.com. I am sure you will enjoy this website and forums. I would recommend you install a new charger that will be better for you new batteries. Check out an upgrade kit https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/c...FRJhnAodfnXJCQ

Are the 7300RU upgrade for magnetek/parallax easy to install. I do 90% of the work on my trailer. So,do think I can do it.

RV Wizard 06-02-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratcity (Post 508665)
Are the 7300RU upgrade for magnetek/parallax easy to install. I do 90% of the work on my trailer. So,do think I can do it.

I don't know your level of electrical skills but if you are comfortable in working with electricity, you should be able to R & R the converter section ok.

JC2 06-02-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratcity (Post 508220)
My Magnetek 6345 converter is not working right. Everything works on 110 but when I put it on battery only the radio works. If we wait about 5 minutes to 1/2 hour on 12 volt then all the lights and fans will work. And yes I have two new batteries. And I have tested the batteries and they are all right. When I put a tester on the converter when it is hooked up to 110 all the connection light up. But when I put it on 12 volt only the radio fuse lights up. Is there a way to work and replace things in the converter. Does anybody know where I can look for information on repairing my converter. Also where is the Magnetek web site.

My suggestion would be to completely avoid the Magnajunk converters. When ours went bad, we purchased a Progressive 9345 with the Charge Wizard from this link. https://cgi.ebay.com/PROGRESSIVE-DYNA...3A1%7C294%3A50
It takes approximate 30 minutes to change out and will be a much appreciated replacement. Be very careful and not let any of the cables/wires touch when doing the exchange. :facepalm:

"007" 06-02-2009 11:42 AM

Here is some information on your converter that may help.
Welcome to irv2.

wa8yxm 06-02-2009 12:05 PM

I have a habit of suggesting anyone with a Magnetek converter do an upgrade. Parallax bought Magnetek and made some improvements and changed the name, but there is still more improvement possible

https://www.bestconverter.com, on this page, on the left, if you scroll down a bit is a frame called "Extra Info" as I recall, it is instructions for replacing the Magnetek/Parallax converters with things like a Progressive Dynamics 9200 or Xantrex XADC, either of which by the way are top rated converters. In fact I'd be hard pressed to pick a single best. but both of those are on the list.

They also sell 'em there, most folks like the prices. I've never had contact with them though

ratcity 06-03-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wa8yxm (Post 508921)
I have a habit of suggesting anyone with a Magnetek converter do an upgrade. Parallax bought Magnetek and made some improvements and changed the name, but there is still more improvement possible

https://www.bestconverter.com, on this page, on the left, if you scroll down a bit is a frame called "Extra Info" as I recall, it is instructions for replacing the Magnetek/Parallax converters with things like a Progressive Dynamics 9200 or Xantrex XADC, either of which by the way are top rated converters. In fact I'd be hard pressed to pick a single best. but both of those are on the list.

They also sell 'em there, most folks like the prices. I've never had contact with them though

Are the Progressive Dyamics conereter quite


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.