iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   Discovery: 2008 Discovery 40x alert! Tow Plug Problem (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2008-discovery-40x-alert-tow-plug-problem-531113.html)

huntnski 04-02-2021 03:50 PM

2008 Discovery 40x alert! Tow Plug Problem

Discovery 40x 2008 owners alert!
Ok I need some time and back saving help. On my last trip my signal lights on the toad quit working. Once home I unplugged the connection from the toad and using a test light determined no flashing lights were getting to the toad.

Then I unplugged the cord from the MH and found that the connection on the MH has no flashing lights. The running/tail lights work fine just no flashing or brake lights.

My thoughts are a blown fuse to the signal lights feeding the 7 pin plug. The lights on the MH work as they should.

So the question is where on a 2008 Discovery 40x is the fuse for this 7 pin plug?

Tha_Rooster 04-02-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntnski (Post 5697821)
Discovery 40x 2008 owners alert!

Ok I need some time and back saving help. On my last trip my signal lights on the toad quit working. Once home I unplugged the connection from the toad and using a test light determined no flashing lights were getting to the toad.

Then I unplugged the cord from the MH and found that the connection on the MH has no flashing lights. The running/tail lights work fine just no flashing or brake lights.

My thoughts are a blown fuse to the signal lights feeding the 7 pin plug. The lights on the MH work as they should.

So the question is where on a 2008 Discovery 40x is the fuse for this 7 pin plug?

My revolution does I would guess yours does also. Mine are in a plastic box approx 5x5 in a back bay.

RichKimball 04-03-2021 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fuse/Relay box. It will probably look like this if your's is anything like mine, and that they are the same year. You Discovery could be similar. You will find it in the passenger side 2nd to rearmost basement compartment. That compartment door may also have a sticker on it indicating ECM inside or something like that.
Good luck.

huntnski 04-03-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mevman (Post 5698676)
Fuse/Relay box. It will probably look like this if your's is anything like mine, and that they are the same year. You Discovery could be similar. You will find it in the passenger side 2nd to rearmost basement compartment. That compartment door may also have a sticker on it indicating ECM inside or something like that.
Good luck.

Thanks, mine has something like that, it was just too scary to look at ! Iím assuming the rectangle flats peace is a cover. Hope to get an opportunity to look at it today. Been working past two days getting a transmission back in a tractor. No Iím no mechanic! :facepalm:

huntnski 04-03-2021 08:47 PM

Ok this is the OP posting just in case someone searches for this thread in the future.

The black box pictured in post 3 of this thread is the connections for the trailer/toad 7 pin connector. It’s labeled Arens and has 4 screws that hold the cover on. The screws stay attached to the cover so you don’t drop them. The box is in the passenger side compartment just behind the rear wheels. In the 08 Discovery 40x.

Thanks for all the help!
Side note, the fuses were blown when the center connector, which wasn’t being used, came loose and was rattling around inside the Pollak connection. Yep, I blew one of the new fuses right off the bat!

KF5UMC 04-04-2021 02:18 AM

Good job with finding, fixing your electrical problem. Very useful information. I searched my entire Discovery electrical drawings I got from Fleetwood several years back and could not find any info on this trailer connector.
John

RichKimball 04-04-2021 08:37 AM

HA....

And kudos to Richard for snapping a pic and posting it....also describing where it's located....and then someone acts like 'they' found it. Too funny.

huntnski 04-04-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mevman (Post 5699745)
HA....

And kudos to Richard for snapping a pic and posting it....also describing where it's located....and then someone acts like 'they' found it. Too funny.

Not sure just how to take this post.
I did refer to the post with the picture and since it wasnít the same model I clarified just where the box was on the particular coach mentioned in the title. But thanks to Mevman and Richard for the help. Just noticed you was an Arkie too!