iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   I am new here and my chassis air conditioning is not operating (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/i-am-new-here-and-my-chassis-air-conditioning-is-not-operating-533131.html)

Dacarter 04-17-2021 05:27 PM

I am new here and my chassis air conditioning is not operating
 
Hello all, this is absolutely my first post in this forum. I have a problem with my AC clutch not engaging. I checked the power at both of the permissible sensors located under the service hood and have no voltage to either. The chassis fuse boxes do not have a fuse location and I am wondering if there is a location for the AC clutch fuse. Any help is appreciated with possible photos to show location.

1995 Fleetwood Flair (New to me) F53 chassis, 460ci. :banghead:

subford 04-17-2021 06:28 PM

Maybe this will help:
https://i.imgur.com/Pfi2i5F.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0jjAa1i.png

https://i.imgur.com/TgHUQRM.jpg


/

House Husband 04-18-2021 04:58 PM

Bill is that a Denso or Ford wiring print? His Flair has a Denso HVAC system.
Back in 95 Ford left a hot lead behind the dash for the coach manufacture to add an inline fuse for HVAC power. At least that's the way my 95 F53 chassis is. The lead has a Ford label on it that say "blower motor feed".

Richard

Beau388 04-18-2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dacarter (Post 5716771)
Hello all, this is absolutely my first post in this forum. I have a problem with my AC clutch not engaging. I checked the power at both of the permissible sensors located under the service hood and have no voltage to either. The chassis fuse boxes do not have a fuse location and I am wondering if there is a location for the AC clutch fuse. Any help is appreciated with possible photos to show location.

1995 Fleetwood Flair (New to me) F53 chassis, 460ci. :banghead:

Try hot wiring the clutch. Most dash A/C systems have a low pressure sensor and will not engage unless there is 20 psi or so the return line.

Dacarter 04-18-2021 06:45 PM

I have no voltage at both sensors at front service access. Seems it is beyond that. Not saying I have a low charge but before I take it to get serviced, I want to chase any possibility myself before that.

subford 04-18-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by House Husband (Post 5717890)
Bill is that a Denso or Ford wiring print? His Flair has a Denso HVAC system.

It was a Evans Tempcon wiring diagram.

Dacarter 04-19-2021 10:52 PM

Here is what I found so far:
There is a 10 amp inline fuse behind the kickpad on the passenger side. (Dumb place for a fuse) the fuse is good and power to it. My blower works. There is no power to either side of the high limit and low pressure switch leads. There is no power at either lead to freeze stat.
I did not locate a relay for the compressor yet. I will make that my job tomorrow unless anyone can point me to where it could be.

US1 04-20-2021 07:16 AM

Put a meter right at the plug at the compressor clutch and check voltage when you turn AC on. I don’t see how any pressure switch will have any feedback until the compressor is running.
9 times outta 10 it’ll just be low Freon. Possibly a compressor leakage do to the age?

THenne1713 04-20-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dacarter (Post 5716771)
Hello all, this is absolutely my first post in this forum. I have a problem with my AC clutch not engaging. I checked the power at both of the permissible sensors located under the service hood and have no voltage to either. The chassis fuse boxes do not have a fuse location and I am wondering if there is a location for the AC clutch fuse. Any help is appreciated with possible photos to show location.

1995 Fleetwood Flair (New to me) F53 chassis, 460ci. :banghead:

If low on Freon, the low pressure switch keeps compressor off to prevent damage.

THenne1713 04-20-2021 11:59 AM

Some cars used to have fuse on firewall?

Hittntheroad 04-20-2021 12:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by House Husband (Post 5717890)
Bill is that a Denso or Ford wiring print? His Flair has a Denso HVAC system.
Back in 95 Ford left a hot lead behind the dash for the coach manufacture to add an inline fuse for HVAC power. At least that's the way my 95 F53 chassis is. The lead has a Ford label on it that say "blower motor feed".

Richard

Exactly what I found tracing wires for my blower motor in 2015 Fleetwood Flair. Fleetwood wired a fuse under the dash above the emergency brake. Took me days to figure out. It supplied power to the blower and clutch too. No label or anything. Just wire tied to 2 other fuses and shoved up under the dash. All the Ford fuses were good. You would think they would at least put them in a box and label. Note the crimp on connectors. I figured out, Fleetwood uses white wires for positive.

Rileyson 05-03-2021 07:11 PM

Was your blower motor not working as well?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittntheroad (Post 5720115)
Exactly what I found tracing wires for my blower motor in 2015 Fleetwood Flair. Fleetwood wired a fuse under the dash above the emergency brake. Took me days to figure out. It supplied power to the blower and clutch too. No label or anything. Just wire tied to 2 other fuses and shoved up under the dash. All the Ford fuses were good. You would think they would at least put them in a box and label. Note the crimp on connectors. I figured out, Fleetwood uses white wires for positive.


Hittntheroad 05-04-2021 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rileyson (Post 5737158)
Was your blower motor not working as well?

My blower motor wasn’t working on heat or AC.

Dacarter 05-04-2021 11:11 PM

My blower motor works. I figure if it is low on freon, the low pressure safety switch would be open with voltage only to one side. There is no voltage at any wire on both sensors. I never checked actual pressure yet as I have a few other things going on. When I get to it I will update again.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.