iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   RV Systems & Appliances (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   Jacks down warning alarm going off (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/jacks-down-warning-alarm-going-off-534113.html)

lockinload 04-25-2021 06:28 AM

Jacks down warning alarm going off

But my jacks aren't down. I've lowered them and raised them and I am still getting the alarm. I'm assuming there must be a sensor on each jack but not sure where to trouble shoot this. I suspect a possible rodent attack on some wiring. I suppose I will need to do some under carriage crawling. Any suggestions?

Spdracr39 04-25-2021 06:32 AM

What brand and are they hydraulic or electric? My rig will alarm if the fluid is low in the tank, there are not sensors on the jacks. I have a RVA 3 jack system.

MN_Traveler 04-25-2021 06:35 AM

If you have a hydraulic system, likely the fluid is low. Check what fluid, but I believe is automatic transmission fluid. The alarm is based on whether the reservoir has totally filled, not some sensor on the exact position of the jacks

JerryLook 04-25-2021 06:45 AM

I had the same issue on mine and it was low on fluid. Mine takes ATF-4. Some of them take a yellow hyd oil instead. Pull the dipstick and you’ll know which one it takes.

lockinload 04-25-2021 07:28 AM

Thank you all, I would have never begun to think about the fluid. Now, if I can find the reservoir. Guessing it will be up front.

lockinload 04-25-2021 07:33 AM

Just so I understand. The reservoir pumps the fluid into the jacks and when the jacks are raised the fluid is pumped back into the reservoir? When the jacks are down the reservoir will be low?

creativepart 04-25-2021 07:45 AM

Some systems have a pin on each jack and when the jack comes up it contacts the pin and the system knows the jack is up. But some other systems have a float type switch on the fluid reservoir. When the jacks are down the fluid leaves the reservoir and the float switch tells the system the jacks are down and this causes the alarm to go off. When the jacks are up the fluid returns to the tank and the switch registers that as jacks up. So, when you fluid is low, even just a small amount your alarm system warns that the jacks are down.

ArtJoyce 04-25-2021 07:55 AM

I have an hwh system and all 4 of my jacks have sensors at the top of the jack. Alarm go's off when jacks are not fully retracted and motor started.

if the jack is just a little down 1 inch or so its on.

Pump for down, just back pressure sends the fluid back to the reservoir.

kenandterry 04-25-2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockinload (Post 5726135)
Just so I understand. The reservoir pumps the fluid into the jacks and when the jacks are raised the fluid is pumped back into the reservoir? When the jacks are down the reservoir will be low?

Correct.

When you locate your hydraulic reservoir, you should see markings for fluid levels....high and low.

Make sure your slides and jacks are fully retracted.
Check fluid level in this position only.
If you add fluid when anything’s deployed, you might make a big mess by having too much fluid in the entire system when things retract.

lockinload 04-25-2021 08:10 AM

Reservoir is not low, well above min. Don't see any kind of float switch in it either.

n2zon 04-25-2021 09:28 AM

What kind of jacks do you have? The HWH systems use the same switch for each "jack down" indicator light as is used to trigger the "jacks down" warning chime. If HWH, do one or more jacks show as deployed on the control panel?

lockinload 04-25-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2zon (Post 5726265)
What kind of jacks do you have? The HWH systems use the same switch for each "jack down" indicator light as is used to trigger the "jacks down" warning chime. If HWH, do one or more jacks show as deployed on the control panel?

Only one light for "jacks down". The alarm does not stay on, it will go off for a while and then chime back with the light on. I just ran my jacks all the way down and back up and I put it in gear and no warning but yesterday it didn't go off until I had driven a block or two. I've look at all the jacks and if there is a switch it is internal. Only thing going into the top of the jack is the hydraulic line, no wires or sensors.

I did find several large stones sitting in the cup of the foot, one of those could certainly bind the jack from retracting all the way but I didn't see anything like that. I'll figure it out.

Kevin_D 04-25-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockinload (Post 5726178)
Reservoir is not low, well above min. Don't see any kind of float switch in it either.

Make sure your fluid level is at MAX when the jacks are retracted, not simply above MIN. I have to run my system a bit over MAX, or it alarms every time I turn a corner!

n2zon 04-26-2021 05:12 AM

Did I miss it, or have you not yet told everyone which system you have? It's tough to offer good troubleshooting tips without that information!