iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Tail Light Issue (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/tail-light-issue-534483.html)

flaflier 04-27-2021 11:16 AM

Tail Light Issue

I have a 2019 Forza 38F . Realized on our last trip that all Coach lights were working except the rear running lights. I have headlights , side marker and stop and turn signals L&R , but no running lights in the rear.
Still haven't been able to find the fuse panel that has chassis exterior light fuses , although since the tail lights have power for turn signals and brake lights doubt that that would be the simple fix. The Freightliner manual for the chassis says there are 5 fuse box locations with 2 being inside the cab beside the steering column ... none there.
Will Winnebago industries provide me a wiring diagram for my coach ? Any help would be appreciated.

John

phil-t 04-27-2021 02:05 PM

Look here. https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

Pick your model.

flaflier 04-27-2021 02:15 PM

Thanks Phil , that will help:)

IMDiesel 04-27-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaflier (Post 5729129)
I have a 2019 Forza 38F . Realized on our last trip that all Coach lights were working except the rear running lights. I have headlights , side marker and stop and turn signals L&R , but no running lights in the rear.
Still haven't been able to find the fuse panel that has chassis exterior light fuses , although since the tail lights have power for turn signals and brake lights doubt that that would be the simple fix. The Freightliner manual for the chassis says there are 5 fuse box locations with 2 being inside the cab beside the steering column ... none there.
Will Winnebago industries provide me a wiring diagram for my coach ? Any help would be appreciated.

John

flaflier,

I have found that if a coach has "Daytime" running lights their are no taillights on. But if you turn on the "lights" you will get taillights.
Could this be the issue. If you check after dark " nighttime" you should see the rear taillights.
If you go to Winnebago website you should be able to find your wiring info.

Good Luck.

flaflier 04-27-2021 03:34 PM

Yes No tail lights when turning the lights on with the dash switch, but thanks for the thought ! And since I am not uuuuh young anymore , anything could be possible

Ray,IN 04-27-2021 03:59 PM

FWIW over 80% of all 12V issues are the result of a poor/missing ground.

2Newsomes 04-28-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaflier (Post 5729129)

John

There was a recall on the PDM, was your coach part of that.

flaflier 04-29-2021 12:49 PM

Hi Newsomes , just saw your reply. PDM ? I did not get any notification. Did the recall address running lights specifically ?

2Newsomes 04-30-2021 07:59 AM

Power Distribution Module, controls multiple items including lights. It only applied to specific units but our 2019 36G was on the list. Freight liner does the test and/or replacement.

Skip Y 04-30-2021 09:34 AM

Tailights may be a Freightliner issue. Had a problem with a blown fuse in one tail light of my towed, which FRTLNR helped me find. Call them at 1.800. FTL-HELP, and they'll help you find the fuse panel in question.

2cyber71 05-02-2021 05:18 AM

There is a recall for 2015-2020 Freightliner Custom Chassis.
I got one for the PDM.
I bet it affected your running lights too
You should call Freightliner and see if you’re in the recall.
Give them your VIN.

I haven’t gone in yet because I also have a recall on the dash unit from Dalmer too.
Waiting to see what has to be done on that too.

flaflier 05-03-2021 06:35 AM

thank you all for the information , will follow up with freightliner

flaflier 05-06-2021 05:45 PM

update talked to Freightliner support, was advised that the coach has no individual fuses for external lights . 9 why I couldn't find the fuse panel) Problem is probably in the chassis control module or the wiring itself. Realized I was going to be in Gaffney this summer so I made an appointment. Thanks for the info and help