iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Did you get your NEW coach when they said? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/did-you-get-your-new-coach-when-they-said-536476.html)

WyoFree 05-11-2021 04:59 PM

Did you get your NEW coach when they said?

Iím just curious, when you ordered your new coach you were given a date to receiving it right? I realize its an estimate, but an estimate based on previous sales. So an educated guess if you will.

How have you done, has your coach come in around the time estimated by the dealer?

bakerfamca 05-11-2021 05:17 PM

I ordered a 2021 Winnebago Adventurer 29B in February. I was told that it would be delivered by mid-March, and that Winnebago was just waiting on a driver to deliver it to the dealer. That turned into April, then late April, and now there is no delivery date.

Unbeknownst to me (or the dealer, I think), the actual reason for the delay is that the 2021 Ford F53 chassis has been recalled and my rig has been caught up in that recall and Winnebago can't deliver rigs with recall issues to their dealers.

I'm disappointed, but I understand that in this world of COVID nothing is getting delivered on time to anyone, anywhere. I'm hopefully optimistic that the recall will get sorted and I'll be fixing bugs in my new motorhome soon. :-)

atreis 05-11-2021 05:25 PM

I ordered in October and was told I would receive the RV in February. I didn't expect the estimate to be all that accurate, so figured anywhere from January to April. I took delivery in February. That was a surprisingly accurate estimate!

WyoFree 05-11-2021 06:24 PM

Does anyone know how that Ford recall is going?

Dval 05-11-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoFree (Post 5747881)

The remedy is out, new bearings on all units with over 5 miles on the chassis there is more information at the Ford chassis forum

momdoc 05-11-2021 07:42 PM

Ours came in a week early but that was a couple of years ago.

WyoFree 05-12-2021 07:10 AM

Iím curious because I have a new coach due mid month but so far no news. You would think if coachís are going to be late, the manufacturer would tell the dealer of slow downs and the dealer would pass that along to the customer. I guess thatís a lot to ask?

Iíve had someone ask if dealers will play games since most coaches have gone up 6 to 10% and they can make more money selling it to someone else!

I never thought of that and hope itís not true?

bakerfamca 05-12-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoFree (Post 5747881)

@ WyoFree: this forum thread has a wealth of information on the topic.

WyoFree 05-12-2021 07:30 PM

Did you guys receive any notification from the dealer before the Coach was delivered to them? I ordered my coach from the Tampa RV show. But the salesman is not from the dealer location where Iíll pick the Coach up. So my communication isnít as good as it could be.

Weíre you told when your coach was built, when it shipped or the anticipated arrival date? Or only the coach is here... When can you come and get it?

Laserchrome 05-12-2021 09:34 PM

Tiffin did a good job with the schedule. I could call and get weekly updates on where the build was at. Was built last Fall and it got to the dealer about a week early, got the PDI completed and drove it home two days before Christmas.

DNies 05-12-2021 09:45 PM

Still waiting on ours, but Newmar gives NIRVC weekly updates of any changes in schedule and NIRVC keeps us informed. Don't like the long wait and delays due to waiting on parts, but we are kept informed. (We ordered back in December 2020.

wagonmaster2 05-12-2021 10:14 PM

Sounds like the same Song and Dance goes on all the time. Ordered our Dutch Star in December 2014, promised by 3rd week of April 2015, came in about that time but wrong color interior. Back to factory and promised by 18th of May. Oh, couldn't make that but now promised by end of May. But now that date comes just before Memorial Week-end so can't insist drivers work over that holiday week-end. Now due first of June and by then had to cancel June reservations for the summer.
Once the deposit is paid all promises seem to go out the door. Realize problems do come up but seems an awful lot of the time.
Now that a year's production is sold out before production even starts I image customers now are really at mercy of manufacturers.

UTTransplant 05-13-2021 06:29 AM

My new coach 3 years ago was right on time. New coaches in 2021 are not always as lucky. A few weeks back, Tiffin couldn’t get air conditioners, so they had dozens of rigs staged and waiting for just that. Another time there was a foam shortage (due to the Texas weather mess this winter) that had the entire industry waiting for foam for seats. I know one guy who tried to get them to delivery his rig without a passenger seat, but he had to wait. Supply chains have been bad this year.

Jabber Jaw 05-13-2021 10:39 AM

Ordered my 2020 Newmar on July 10th, 2019. Took about 3 weeks to get a production date. Was told to expect it to come off-line the week of Sept.15th.
Well Sept 15th was the day the announced sale of Newmar hit the news waves; but my coach came off line on the 15th, as I got pictures the same day.
Factory Pick Up scheduled week of October 10th, because the Newmar International Rally took place the first week of October.
Arrived in Napanee, & went to Service Facility on the 10th at 8:00AM, and a beautiful brand new coach awaited us as we walked through the door!
A GREAT experience!:dance:

But times have changed a lot since COVID; doubtful much of anything is on schedule!

Good Luck to those awaiting their new coaches, & hope it turns out to be a great experience for you too!:thumb: