iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Pull out Drawer in dash (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/pull-out-drawer-in-dash-536485.html)

azbuzzard 05-11-2021 06:00 PM

Pull out Drawer in dash

How do you remove the center drawer in the dash?
DW lost something out the back.

Nowabeachbum 05-11-2021 06:10 PM

The drawer slide works just like every drawer slide in the coach. It has a black arm that you move on the slide on the bottom of the drawer to release it. Then there is also a piece of metal screwed to the back of the drawer to keep it from being pulled out, for whatever reason. You must reach behind the drawer to swivel the metal disk and remove the drawer.

bevandtomH 05-11-2021 07:03 PM

Underneath that drawer on my ‘14 there is a quasi-loose metal access plate. It must be for service but the hole is large. Just in case what you are looking for is still missing.....

azbuzzard 05-12-2021 02:53 PM

Thanks, I was knew about the black arms, but did not know about piece of metal on the back of the drawer. that was the problem.

LWBAZ 05-12-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum (Post 5747863)
The drawer slide works just like every drawer slide in the coach. It has a black arm that you move on the slide on the bottom of the drawer to release it. Then there is also a piece of metal screwed to the back of the drawer to keep it from being pulled out, for whatever reason. You must reach behind the drawer to swivel the metal disk and remove the drawer.

Just learned the same thing a few days ago regarding the small metal tab on the back of the drawer that prevents it from being removed. Kept trying to remove the drawer using the same approach as would apply with any other drawer. After repeated attempts that went nowhere, I removed one of the cup holders so I could look behind the drawer and see what was going on. That’s when I saw the metal tab preventing removal of the drawer.

Got the drawer out and tightened the screw holding the metal tab to the back of the drawer. The idea being to have the screw tight enough that the tab can be swiveled to a non-functional position and stay there, which is how I left it. If for some unimaginable reason I wanted to restore the tab to its “can’t remove the drawer” position I can always reach back there are swivel it to the position where it was originally hanging.

Is that confusing enough for you?

LWBAZ 05-12-2021 08:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bevandtomH (Post 5747940)
Underneath that drawer on my ‘14 there is a quasi-loose metal access plate. It must be for service but the hole is large. Just in case what you are looking for is still missing.....

Tom, attached are some photos of a sheet metal plate I found under my drawer. It was just lying there, not attached to anything. It did have a five or six inch piece of shiny tape on it, but I couldn't see any evidence of where the plate had ever been secured with the tape.

I removed the plate for further evaluation. As you can see in the third photo, I found a part number sticker on one side of it. If I get sufficiently curious I may call Entegra to see if they can tell me what it's all about. For now it's on a shelf in our RV garage rather than bouncing around loose under the console drawer.

bevandtomH 05-13-2021 08:43 AM

Larry, that’s the one.
I think the next time my drawer slide fails, I will use some sticky Velcro buttons to secure it. We use a small basket in the drawer to keep stuff from bouncing out and seems to work. Just have to keep it from being a junk collector.

LWBAZ 05-13-2021 09:49 AM

Thanks Tom - good info! I guess the idea of the plate is to keep items that might bounce out of the drawer from falling down into who-know-what/where.

I will undertake a re-installation of my plate!