iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   American Coach: 2008 Revolution Slide Issues (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2008-revolution-slide-issues-538896.html)

angigibaby 05-28-2021 06:19 PM

2008 Revolution Slide Issues

Hey all. This is our first big motorhome and we are struggling with some issues. We purchased a new to us 2008 Revolution 42K LE. The big wall slide on the driver's side worked when we picked it up but not when we got it home. We have the jacks down and engine running. Checked the fuses under the driver's door and they were good. We didn't receive any paperwork with this coach, so we are pretty much flying blind. I have searched but can't find anything that is helpful.

Any ideas? We are prepared to take it to a pro, but feel like it's something simple that we are missing. Any help would be appreciated.

~Angie

jimjenturner 05-28-2021 06:27 PM

Check that E Brake is on.

angigibaby 05-28-2021 06:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some images. DH texted them to me. I'm not sure what they go to.

angigibaby 05-28-2021 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimjenturner (Post 5769601)
Check that E Brake is on.

That's the air brake, right? Yes.

Cat320 05-31-2021 06:33 PM

You said the jacks were down...but is your coach level, and use high idle when moving the FWS.

Tha_Rooster 06-01-2021 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angigibaby (Post 5769590)
Hey all. This is our first big motorhome and we are struggling with some issues. We purchased a new to us 2008 Revolution 42K LE. The big wall slide on the driver's side worked when we picked it up but not when we got it home. We have the jacks down and engine running. Checked the fuses under the driver's door and they were good. We didn't receive any paperwork with this coach, so we are pretty much flying blind. I have searched but can't find anything that is helpful.

Any ideas? We are prepared to take it to a pro, but feel like it's something simple that we are missing. Any help would be appreciated.

~Angie

Does your slide have slide locks and are they moving? What is your coach battery voltage because slides and wires to them. Try hitting auxiliary start button at same time trying to open. Check voltage at slide controller in your picture. Also what is you engine voltage gauge while running?

angigibaby 06-01-2021 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster (Post 5773851)
Does your slide have slide locks and are they moving? What is your coach battery voltage because slides and wires to them. Try hitting auxiliary start button at same time trying to open. Check voltage at slide controller in your picture. Also what is you engine voltage gauge while running?

Thanks. So we didn't know about the high idle. We did that and messed around with it. It seems that the key switch is backwards. So we were able to get the locks to come off, but nothing else. Now we can't get the locks to go back down. So maybe it's the key system?

Tha_Rooster 06-02-2021 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angigibaby (Post 5774605)
Thanks. So we didn't know about the high idle. We did that and messed around with it. It seems that the key switch is backwards. So we were able to get the locks to come off, but nothing else. Now we can't get the locks to go back down. So maybe it's the key system?

If a fast idle did anything you probably have a low voltage problem. According to manual you need in the mid 13 volts for operation thatís why engine should be running. Have you tried engine running and aux start button down while trying? Slide needs to be opened then closed for locks to close back. Remember slide is running off of house batteries not chassis batteries.

angigibaby 06-02-2021 07:34 AM

The gauge at the inverter and solar charger system both read 14.1. I assume that refers to the house batteries. Is this wrong?

Tha_Rooster 06-02-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angigibaby (Post 5775166)
The gauge at the inverter and solar charger system both read 14.1. I assume that refers to the house batteries. Is this wrong?

Thatís good,no one push the reset button on slide control panel did they? If not donít. I would still try push aux start button while trying slides.

angigibaby 06-02-2021 11:43 AM

I appreciate your time responding. We have not set the reset, I don't think we know where that is. If we did, it was accidental. We will try the aux start this afternoon.

Just to clarify, the two passenger slides have no problems. It's just the big wall slide on the driver's side.

Tha_Rooster 06-02-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster (Post 5775263)
Thatís good,no one push the reset button on slide control panel did they? If not donít. I would still try push aux start button while trying slides.

In your picture of controller it says field reset in and out. Those buttons set the slide to the outter and inner limits. So if you had hit it while closed it would think itís open. Check all the plugs and fuses on that controller. Power gear has a multiple page how to on your slide.

Tha_Rooster 06-05-2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angigibaby (Post 5774605)

You could alway remove switch panel and jump the key switch.I also have a cabinet door in bedroom with a safety switch on it and slide will not operate if it comes open.

Jandcinok 06-06-2021 05:02 PM

Im probably too late here but, on our Tradition, the smaller slide opposite the super slide has to extend first. Dont know w hy, it just does.