iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   American Coach: 2008 Revolution Slide Issues (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2008-revolution-slide-issues-538896.html)

angigibaby 06-07-2021 07:09 AM

We tried the auxiliary start and were able to get the locks to go in and out, but no slide movement. However, we discovered that one of the battery cables was loose and some others had corrosion. Hubs is going to look into cleaning that all up today and try again this afternoon.

Tha_Rooster 06-07-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angigibaby (Post 5781443)
We tried the auxiliary start and were able to get the locks to go in and out, but no slide movement. However, we discovered that one of the battery cables was loose and some others had corrosion. Hubs is going to look into cleaning that all up today and try again this afternoon.

Take pictures and mark wires before removing anything or you could be like so many others not knowing where wires go.

angigibaby 06-07-2021 11:22 PM

Still didn't work. Only opened and closed the locks again :sad:

Tha_Rooster 06-08-2021 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angigibaby (Post 5782641)
Still didn't work. Only opened and closed the locks again :sad:

Do you have engine running? What is the voltage from alternator? Should be in the 14 volt range.

Tha_Rooster 06-08-2021 11:41 AM

2008 Revolution Slide Issues

1 Attachment(s)
If and only if your slide locks are open you can jump green and red to open slide and blue and red to close.Attachment 331351 have you check fuse in black fuse holder on red wire?

IndyHntr 06-08-2021 08:35 PM

If you have not figured this out yet, let me know. I have the wiring diagram for the coach. I have same unit. I can email or where u located. Long shot that we are close

Cat 06-08-2021 09:05 PM

If you have a rear tv where the slide comes in there is a safety switch so that the slide will not come in with the tv compartment open. Make sure any compartment that the slide move by is closed securely. There maybe other safety on those compartments.

Tha_Rooster 06-09-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat (Post 5783944)
If you have a rear tv where the slide comes in there is a safety switch so that the slide will not come in with the tv compartment open. Make sure any compartment that the slide move by is closed securely. There maybe other safety on those compartments.

Same as post #13

Stonehands 06-10-2021 08:43 AM

we have a 2007 Revolution LE 40E and have a slightly similar problem from time to time.

We have one living room slide on the driver side, master bedroom slide on driver side and 1 slide on the passenger slide.

Bedroom slide zooms in and out like a champ. I assume its due to the small nature of the slide.

The passenger slide goes in and out fine with no hesitation but not as quick as the bedroom slide. No hesitation however and is smooth and steady.

The driver side living room slide however goes out just fine every time. Going in 50% of the time, the slide comes in about an inch or two and stops. If you continue to hit the rocker switch every couple of seconds the slide comes in about 1 to 2 inches each bump. Once the slide gets past the point where it has to come up to floor level then it comes in just fine.

I have tried the AUX start at same time and has no impact.
I always have engine running and putting out 13 to 14 volts.
The only in the slide are the coach and dinette and no other weight on the slide.
We always bring the slides in while the levelers are down so coach is level.

I now found that when this happens if I stop and extend the slide a bit and try bringing it in again, after 2 times sometimes, the coach takes off and just comes in just fine. My thought is that an adjustment may be off and the motor is having a hard time retracting the first foot of so trying to drag the slide up past the floor level point.

I know where and how to manually bring in the slide so in the event the motor craps out I will be able to bring it in. I also checked the motor and is looks original and has a WHITE END CAP which I read on the motor site that this denotes a hight torque motor. If thats true or not I don't know. Would like to know why the slide has trouble coming in the first foot and then works just fine. :banghead:

Stonehands 06-10-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonehands (Post 5785732)
we have a 2007 Revolution LE 40E and have a slightly similar problem from time to time.

We have one living room slide on the driver side, master bedroom slide on driver side and 1 slide on the passenger slide.

Bedroom slide zooms in and out like a champ. I assume its due to the small nature of the slide.

The passenger slide goes in and out fine with no hesitation but not as quick as the bedroom slide. No hesitation however and is smooth and steady.

The driver side living room slide however goes out just fine every time. Going in 50% of the time, the slide comes in about an inch or two and stops. If you continue to hit the rocker switch every couple of seconds the slide comes in about 1 to 2 inches each bump. Once the slide gets past the point where it has to come up to floor level then it comes in just fine.

The only in the slide are the coach and dinette and no other weight on the slide.

I now found that when this happens if I stop and extend the slide a bit and try bringing it in again, after 2 times sometimes, the coach takes off and just comes in just fine. My thought is that an adjustment may be off and the motor is having a hard time retracting the first foot of so trying to drag the slide up past the floor level point.

I know where and how to manually bring in the slide so in the event the motor craps out I will be able to bring it in. I also checked the motor and is looks original and has a WHITE END CAP which I read on the motor site that this denotes a hight torque motor. If thats true or not I don't know. Would like to know why the slide has trouble coming in the first foot and then works just fine. :banghead:

Had a thought. Could it be the slow burn fuse? Would it kick out if too much load but then reset it self? not sure how a slow burn fuse works.

angigibaby 06-10-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyHntr (Post 5783896)
If you have not figured this out yet, let me know. I have the wiring diagram for the coach. I have same unit. I can email or where u located. Long shot that we are close

That would be great. I’m in Reno currently, so we are not close. Email would be awesome. Angieknoll1@yahoo.com

Pierpressure 06-10-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonehands (Post 5785732)

I have the exact same symptoms on my 06 Revolution 40e.

gatorv 06-10-2021 06:54 PM

Hi Angie. This is Gator from Reno. I sent you a PM with my phone number. Call or text me about the slide and coach. Gator

IndyHntr 06-11-2021 07:50 AM

Hi Stonehands,

I have the 2008 version of the 42K LE. Mine does same thing, except.
All three of ours has no problem going out at all, but our kitchen slide (which is only hydraulic slide) will stop about a foot short. We also have to let up on the switch, wait 15-30 sec. then push switch to finish closure. I am assuming it is a thermal breaker that blows and needs to reset itself.
I have never tried replacing, but might do that now thinking of it.
I am wondering if issue with electric not pulling in is motor is aging, wiring is undersized or a poor ground.

Original poster: have you checked for voltage at the motor when the switch is depressed? Try unhooking all 4 motors. And then check for voltage. With meter you can check the voltage level also. This will tell you if it is a motor or motors or the controller. Also check voltage into controller, all the pinning of the controller are labeled.