iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   American Coach: 2008 Revolution Slide Issues (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/2008-revolution-slide-issues-538896.html)

angigibaby 06-22-2021 05:55 PM

Voltage at motor is a consistent 14.0-14.2.

Took it to the shop last week. It appears it is the control board :( It had been previously jerry-rigged. Every one of the wire clips to the board had been removed and reinstalled with electrical tape :blink: There is power going in from each wire. They cleaned up all of the wiring to look for corrosion first and re-wired the key that was backwards. So they are trying to locate the board. Of course, it isn't made anymore. :facepalm: I will keep you posted. We are moving on Friday to Montana, so it looks like we move with 150 sqft less of living area. Hopefully we can get it fixed there.

Tha_Rooster 06-23-2021 06:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by angigibaby (Post 5801967)
Voltage at motor is a consistent 14.0-14.2.

Took it to the shop last week. It appears it is the control board :( It had been previously jerry-rigged. Every one of the wire clips to the board had been removed and reinstalled with electrical tape :blink: There is power going in from each wire. They cleaned up all of the wiring to look for corrosion first and re-wired the key that was backwards. So they are trying to locate the board. Of course, it isn't made anymore. :facepalm: I will keep you posted. We are moving on Friday to Montana, so it looks like we move with 150 sqft less of living area. Hopefully we can get it fixed there.

Have you tried these people?Attachment 333282

angigibaby 07-24-2021 03:21 PM

This is Jeff, Angigibaby's DH.

I've finally had some time to circle back on this project since I have been traveling for work. We have a few issues with the coach so multiple projects are in the works when I can make time on the weekends.

Today I replaced the house batteries and found another loose connection on the positive side. The batteries when boondocking started out the evening in the mid 13 volt range and by about 2:30 am the alarm would go off on the fridge telling us low voltage. We had our fingers crossed that this was our slide issue, but no such luck.

Tries to open the FWS with new fully charged deep cycle house batteries, engine running at high idle setting. Locks opened, but no movement on the slide. Now the safety locks are open, and did not close. (The coach is also connected to shore power)

We have not had any luck finding an RV tech up here in Spirit Lake Idaho who has a teach pendant for the Power Gear p/n 1510000165 slide control that we paid way too much money for. I think I am at the point where I am going to attempt to change this thing out and try the manual approach to programming the stops. I just need to find the thread where this is spelled out again. I can't seem to find a teach pendant for sale for less than $850.

Curious about the jumping the red and blue wire comment. Do I need to stop at the appropriate time if I attempt this, or do the motors have limit switches?

Anyone know a way to close the safety locks? I need to deliver the RV back to Cummins on Thursday so they can attempt to fix our motor issue.

Hell of a project these rolling wrecks. No shortage of things to fix.

Jeff

angigibaby 07-24-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster (Post 5783167)
If and only if your slide locks are open you can jump green and red to open slide and blue and red to close.Attachment 331351 have you check fuse in black fuse holder on red wire?

Do you jump it going into the controller, or coming out of the controller?

Jeff

gjames50 07-30-2021 06:21 PM

I have a 2008 Tradition and had some issues with the large slide-out. First the fuses on the controller were loose. Had to crimp down the terminals that hold the blade fuses to make those tight again. Then I discovered that the main battery feed to the slide-outs was on the wrong side of the Big Boy relay/isolator. Only when the batteries on either the chassis or the coach were low and the relay was triggered would the slide-outs work. I found this out after having fully topped off batteries and trying to run the slide-outs. Once this was remedied all the slide-outs worked better as they no longer were having to draw current through the Big Boy Relay. It's been flawless since. I have no idea if this was wrong from the factory or some previous owner or service shop.

angigibaby 08-22-2021 10:56 PM

Update:

We purchased a new control panel in Reno as we were moving. $2000. We had the coach in the shop Friday, June 18. This is where we found out the panel was bad. I asked them to expedite the shipping as our house was closing escrow on Friday, June 25. They did not expedite it, so we had to leave Reno without it and have them ship the part to Idaho. We couldn't wait around in Reno because we had to beat our moving trucks to our storage location. So, the control board arrived at the repair shop in Reno on Tuesday after we move. They ship it to Idaho (expedited this time :rolleyes:). But we know that we need to have it programmed.

We find a mobile RV repair to come out to do it. They are booked 2 weeks out. No worries, we have a vacation planned in Montana for a week anyway. While we are in Montana, mobile RV repair calls to say they don't have a programmer and can't find one, even tried borrowing it from other repair places. :sad:

So we go back to researching, realizing that we are going to have to do this on our own. Jeff finds a youtube video with the teach pendant instructions. We search for the teach pendant online. Only one place to get it. $800. I order it, and am nervous because I never get a confirmation or shipping notification. But it shows up at the house 3 days later.

We had an appointment to take the coach back to Cummins repair on July 30, so we didn't bother with the slide and headed to Montana (our daughter lives there) for a week. Coach was in the shop for 2 weeks. Picked it up on a Friday afternoon. Reviewed the teach pendant instructions again and installed the new control board. The next day, this most recent Saturday, we held our breath and went for it.

IT WORKED!!!!! :dance::dance::dance: We have 150 extra square feet in our home!

I really appreciate all of you trying to trouble shoot with us. Thank you :)

We realize that when we first looked at the motor home to buy it, and when we picked it up, the seller had the slide out when we arrived. I don't know how he rigged it to open, but he definitely knew it didn't work (we have mutual friends who confirm this) and pretended it did. :mad:

Oh, well. We love the floor plan and still feel we got a good deal on it.

I'm just so happy the slide works now!