iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Country Coach Owners Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f112/)
-   -   Fuel gauge (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f112/fuel-gauge-540045.html)

Saltytrucker 06-06-2021 12:48 PM

Fuel gauge

Just purchased 2005 cc and fuel gauge always registered full. Do we need new sensor, fuse or new gauge

wolfe10 06-06-2021 01:03 PM

Could be sensor, could be wiring between sensor and gauge or gauge.

What information do you have on sender and gauge. Then, you can look at readings on your ohm meter to help identify the source of the problem (unless you really aren't using any fuel).

Smitty77 06-06-2021 06:58 PM

First post - WELCOME!!!!

What model CC do you have? Some Magna's and I believe Affinity's from say 2005 and on, can have fuel sensors that have ground related problems. Some report success by using 409 or Simple Green and spray the top of the tank where the sensor is mounted, lightly brushing with a soft brush as needed. These tank tops, and the sensor, can accumulate light dirt and road grime 'junk' - which then causes a ground connection problem. Sure would not hurt to see if your tank sensor is visible in our coach, and if cleaning looks appropriate give it a try. And yeah, some times the sensors just go bad. Or a loose wire on the back of the actual gauge, etc. So of course other opportunities to problem solve:)!

Please post your model, and that will help for more specific input.

Enjoy your coach,
Smitty

Jean n Steve 06-06-2021 08:09 PM

Welcome to the family! No similar issues on my '05. Yet.

Steve

2dogsbarkin 06-07-2021 04:15 AM

I had the same issue 4 years back.
1st purchased a new sensor think it was over $100.00 (no change)
2nd purchased a new gauge (around $50) worked but didn't calibrate with the new sensor so put old sensor back in and calibrated it. been fine ever since.
I could ship you the sensor to try it.

f360racer 06-10-2021 02:56 PM

Fuel gauge works but no fuel data to Silverleaf

Does anyone know how and where Silverleaf gets the fuel data from? My gas gauge on dash works fine and Seanís accurate as far as I have tested with known capacity and use over 4000 Mikeís of tracking.

Piros1 06-15-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltytrucker (Post 5780628)
Just purchased 2005 cc and fuel gauge always registered full. Do we need new sensor, fuse or new gauge

Congratulations on the new to you coach and welcome to the forum. I just sold my 2005 Affinity a few months ago a purchased a 2015 Newmar Essex so technically I am no longer a CC owner. I wouldnít say I made a vertical step up but a floor plan change and newer technology. We really enjoyed our Country Coach the five years we had it. Lots of good info and good help on the forum. Never had any issues with the fuel gauge but did have some issues with our fuel filler hose on the passenger side. It would leak out when I topped the tank from either side. Found I had a bad filler neck hose.
I think I would check connections first if that isnít the issue I would do as suggested and pull the sending unit from the tank and check it as described above.

Piros1 06-15-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f360racer (Post 5786259)
Does anyone know how and where Silverleaf gets the fuel data from? My gas gauge on dash works fine and Seanís accurate as far as I have tested with known capacity and use over 4000 Mikeís of tracking.

I would recommend you call Silverleaf directly, they are very helpful in my experience. (888) 741-0259

Tetonrunner 06-15-2021 07:58 PM

In my experience years ago as an auto technician, whenever a fuel gauge always showed full it was due to an open circuit between fuel gauge and tank sender.

Gary

phays 06-16-2021 01:55 PM

f360racer. Silverleaf gets it fuel information from the engine computer, All of the information on the engine and fuel is grabbed off of the data buss used by the engine and transmission.

tinman 55 06-16-2021 04:25 PM

Following as well. My 06 Allure fuel gauge reads full for the first 200-250 miles, and then begins to drop. I know the distance I can travel so its really not a hinderance, but it would be nice to have it work properly.

CaptDLC 06-17-2021 07:33 PM

2003 Dynomax chassis

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean n Steve (Post 5781115)
Welcome to the family! No similar issues on my '05. Yet.

Steve

My rig is a 2003 National Tradewinds LTC built on the CC Dynomax chassis. I have been tracking electrical problems and almost no other National owners have the CC dynomax chassis. So I am looking for anyone with schematics or general knowledge of the CC 12v systems, specifically the front 12v cabinet outside and under the drivers seat. I have one blown fuse and an flashing yellow warning on a lighted paddle switch in the center of the cabinet, and I don't know what they mean. If this rings a bell with anyone, I would like to hear from you.

Doug
captdlc@yahoo.com

Smitty77 06-17-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptDLC (Post 5795806)
My rig is a 2003 National Tradewinds LTC built on the CC Dynomax chassis. I have been tracking electrical problems and almost no other National owners have the CC dynomax chassis. So I am looking for anyone with schematics or general knowledge of the CC 12v systems, specifically the front 12v cabinet outside and under the drivers seat. I have one blown fuse and an flashing yellow warning on a lighted paddle switch in the center of the cabinet, and I don't know what they mean. If this rings a bell with anyone, I would like to hear from you.

Doug
captdlc@yahoo.com

Hi Doug - Hope your are enjoying your Tradewinds!!

Suggest you post a new thread on this instead of tagging onto this one. You'll get more specific feedback, based upon your specific question.

And I'll ponder your problem a bit more, and respond if something flashes across a synapse or two...

Best of luck to you,
Smitty

Piros1 06-18-2021 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptDLC (Post 5795806)

Doug
captdlc@yahoo.com

Doug you may want to check with Premier RV Services up in Junction City, OR.
https://www.premierrvservices.com/ since CC sold to Winnebago and they closed the plant I think Premier seems to be the go to people got everything CC. Good luck.