iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Dreaded Insurance increase, trying something different (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/dreaded-insurance-increase-trying-something-different-540376.html)

Turbojack 06-15-2021 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brobox (Post 5792470)
Another UPDATE:
Geigo will no longer insure MH's with a MSRV of over $500,000. No matter what you paid for it. Even if the MH is over 10 years old, if it has a MSRP of over $500M they will not insure it. Has anybody run into this lately as well?
I spent 2 hours on the phone, even with the main RV insurance division and received the same answer. Maybe because I am in FL?

Learned that lesson when we got current coach. Tried doing the online quote and no one had Foretravel listed as coach type. Tried calling, once I told them I had a Foretravel they said nope because value was too high. I think the only company we found that would insure our coach was Foremost (will have to check with wife to verify).

When you think about it, how many people carry enough insurance to pay for your coach if they are the cause of it being totaled.

brobox 06-15-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleySG (Post 5792559)
Hey Chuck,

Not sure if this will help, or even comparable. But, living in Colorado, we are prone to hail and fire as you know. I thought for sure our Ins would sky rocket due to the fires we had last year (Many homes were lost). We have our MH with Hartford through AARP (not bundled with other assets). Our rates only went up $40 from last year. Hope it's worth a try to investigate Hartford to see if you can get a better rate.

Cheers!

Thanks Rustry, AARP Hartford is one that will not insure in FL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckeda (Post 5792676)
I just received my renewal from Progressive and it dropped $927 annually to $2,355. No idea why, but I will take it. Please understand I am not gloating but rather providing another data point to the discussion.

That is fantastic. Do you care to share which state that is in? If it's in FL, let me know and I will find a change of address for that area.:)

brobox 06-15-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary.Jones (Post 5792534)
When I have shopped for insurance over the past two years, I have run into statement before...... some companies just wont write insurance on a coach with an MSRP higher than some figure. My memory was that it was half a million. Now, I dont remember which exact companies were in that group but it was more than one company that took themselves out of the running with that limitation. Its not just Florida. I just cross them off and call the next number.

Gary

It looks like Geigo will no longer insure Entegra's Anthem and above. Those that have Geico and I are pleased with them, I hope they Grandfather as Progressive with my renewal notice is no longer and have set a limit. Things have really changed this year with RV insurance. It's going to be interesting what kind of "no" I receive from Good Sam's, the RV people :laugh:

chrislis 06-16-2021 09:25 AM

We use a broker site and most customers end up signing up with them because of the way they shop their companies. The companies they compare are Progressive, Foremost, Allied, and others. I've never been let down with them.

Here's a link to give it a shot:

https://rvainsurance.com/quote

brobox 06-16-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrislis (Post 5793847)
We use a broker site and most customers end up signing up with them because of the way they shop their companies. The companies they compare are Progressive, Foremost, Allied, and others. I've never been let down with them.

Thanks Chris you were on my list to call today. Todd told me about them but I didn't remember the name

D20 06-16-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrislis (Post 5793847)

I used them also. They went with Progressive but it was significantly less than what I could get with Progressive myself online.

chrislis 06-16-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brobox (Post 5793855)
Thanks Chris you were on my list to call today. Todd told me about them but I didn't remember the name

Glad I could help! Let me know how it works.

beckeda 06-16-2021 11:01 AM

Texas. I have had the rig for 1 year (purchased new) and I have not had any claims on the polciy.

Harleydeal 06-16-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckeda (Post 5792676)
I just received my renewal from Progressive and it dropped $927 annually to $2,355. No idea why, but I will take it. Please understand I am not gloating but rather providing another data point to the discussion.

They probably know that nobody can drive them bcuz of the Def head issues. Less risk in the driveway.

brobox 06-16-2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleydeal (Post 5794121)
They probably know that nobody can drive them bcuz of the Def head issues. Less risk in the driveway.

:laugh::rofl: Probably more truth than humor.

brobox 06-17-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrislis (Post 5793944)
Glad I could help! Let me know how it works.

Thanks Chris, but the best they could do was match my renewal rate from Progressive.

justrich44 06-17-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darjacob (Post 5783856)
USAA ain't what it used to be...

I've been a "member" of USAA since the early 80's. For the longest I believed that no one could beat their coverage. They do offer a lot of benefits for servicemembers that face daily struggles with deployment and other issues. Over the years I've tried to use USAA, but one time I had 3 claims in 5 years...they booted me. I was too much risk. Then they allowed me back. Had a very large home burglary that from the beginning they accused me of perpetuating it. I was in Hawaii when it happened. They settled, but for only a small fraction of what we lost. Then we moved to another home and guess what? Can't cover you because you are in a Fire Protection Zone 9. That was when I finally said enough is enough. I'm now with Texas Farm Bureau. Not only did they cover my FPZ9 home, but offer great coverage on my motorhome. USAA...not for me.

sally.moore 06-22-2021 05:20 PM

I have not seen this mentioned but I save a lot of money with Progressive by paying the premium in full vs monthly. I know some agents will not tell you this, I assume because very few owners are interested and I'm sure they make more profit from monthly payments. We are fulltime and I found out when shopping for insurance that all companies do not insure fulltimers.

Georgefhou 06-22-2021 05:23 PM

FMCA has excellent insurance for RVs. USAA member who is a refuge from Progressive. For those non USAA members, USAA has a relationship with Progressive for its RV members.