iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   A few days ago an RV service advisor told me..... (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/a-few-days-ago-an-rv-service-advisor-told-me-540415.html)

Fogbelly 06-08-2021 08:02 PM

A few days ago an RV service advisor told me.....

A few days ago an RV service advisor told me that the corporate rep expects the sales frenzy to continue for 2-3 years.

I was astonished......2-3 years? Hard for me to believe.

arcaguy 06-08-2021 08:04 PM

Salespeople tend to run hot or cold and not much in between. I'll believe it when I see it. I'd like to know what the CEO thinks.

Old-Biscuit 06-08-2021 09:25 PM

What does he base it on.?
Hear say
Rumor
Wishful thinking
Hope
Paycheck

I see..............
LOTs and LOTS of slightly USED RVs hitting the market by years end
NEW sales falling off

Massparanoia 06-08-2021 10:01 PM

Since the election virus is over, it’s all gonna depend on economic recovery. If it booms it booms, if it busts it’s gonna crash hard.

DRM901 06-09-2021 01:34 AM

Inflation is starting to creep up. That means interest rates will go up, so discretionary spending, like RVs, will go down.

I do agree the day of reckoning is probably 2 years out. Just takes time for the impact to ripple through the economy.

Toby Dog 06-09-2021 04:44 AM

I'm seeing used 2021s for sale around here already by private sellers. You either love it or not but best to find out on the cheaper used end first.
The media has hyped RVing up beyond reality.

Isaac-1 06-09-2021 12:25 PM

I personally expect to see the RV market crash sooner than later given the way people at least in my area are acting more and more like life as normal every day, seeing people wearing masks is now by far the exception, forget social distancing, people are dining out, staying in motels, etc. The only thing that is not really back to normal yet is international travel and the cruise industry. When those are allowed to go back to normal I suspect we will see some significant promotional rates for cruises and travel packages to try to lure the customers back as soon as possible, though of course some of that infrastructure is gone, cruise ships have been scrapped, resorts shuttered, etc. Combine this with the ever increasing gas prices, lack of camping destinations, etc. and I suspect by the end of the year this boom will be over.

AlanTerry 06-09-2021 12:31 PM

Actually I would like to see the prices climbing. Then you would get more on your rig when ready to sell it.

Old-Biscuit 06-09-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-1 (Post 5784820)
I personally expect to see the RV market crash sooner than later given the way people at least in my area are acting more and more like life as normal every day, seeing people wearing masks is now by far the exception, forget social distancing, people are dining out, staying in motels, etc. The only thing that is not really back to normal yet is international travel and the cruise industry. When those are allowed to go back to normal I suspect we will see some significant promotional rates for cruises and travel packages to try to lure the customers back as soon as possible, though of course some of that infrastructure is gone, cruise ships have been scrapped, resorts shuttered, etc. Combine this with the ever increasing gas prices, lack of camping destinations, etc. and I suspect by the end of the year this boom will be over.

Air travel over Memorial Weekend was at 75% of Pre-Pandemic Levels

Cruise Ships are Launching again

baraff 06-09-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-1 (Post 5784820)
The only thing that is not really back to normal yet is international travel and the cruise industry. When those are allowed to go back to normal I suspect we will see some significant promotional rates for cruises and travel packages to try to lure the customers back as soon as possible, though of course some of that infrastructure is gone, cruise ships have been scrapped, resorts shuttered, etc. Combine this with the ever increasing gas prices, lack of camping destinations, etc. and I suspect by the end of the year this boom will be over.

Actually, due to pent-up demand, I think the travel and cruise industry rates will remain high. Have you priced a cruise lately? I've been pricing a cruise for fall of 2022 and it's about 30% higher than it was a year ago.
Most of the cruise ships that were scrapped had no or few balconies, or were very old and were going to be sold off in the next few years anyway. After the Diamond Princess fiasco last year, who wants a cabin with no balcony?
I think the RV craze will continue at least for another year, maybe two.

johninsd 06-09-2021 05:03 PM

“It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.”

― Yogi Berra

Boogie_ 06-09-2021 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogbelly (Post 5783934)
A few days ago an RV service advisor told me that the corporate rep expects the sales frenzy to continue for 2-3 years.

:rolleyes:

egwilly 06-09-2021 07:54 PM

Peeps that went out on a limb and purchased an RV they probably could not afford will be asking themselves next year "why did we do this"?

Making huge monthly payments on something you use occasionally will grow old fast. The used market will expand. The recession will worsen, and folks will be back at work 40+ hours a week with no time for RV vacations.

That's what my crystal ball showed me today. ;)

Fogbelly 06-09-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egwilly (Post 5785366)
Peeps that went out on a limb and purchased an RV they probably could not afford will be asking themselves next year "why did we do this"?

Making huge monthly payments on something you use occasionally will grow old fast. The used market will expand. The recession will worsen, and folks will be back at work 40+ hours a week with no time for RV vacations.

That's what my crystal ball showed me today. ;)

I'm inclined to agree.....especially after these newbies realize it's not as glamorous as they thought with all the maintenance and crowded campgrounds.