iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Slides (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/slides-540781.html)

Firefly913 06-11-2021 11:38 AM

Slides

We have a 2006 Hoilday Rambler Scepter. We are parked and levele. We were outside this morning and was walking toward it when the passenger side slide went in by itself. Any suggestions on why it would do that?

gnvrvin 06-11-2021 01:09 PM

Firefly913

I know others have had the issue here on the site. This is one link about it:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sli...wn-324820.html

Let us know what you find out,
greg

Firefly913 06-12-2021 05:46 AM

I will check it out today. Thank you

Firefly913 06-12-2021 06:01 AM

I had my husband read the threads unfortunately are slide is not hydraulic it is electric. He did get the slide back out by touching the wires.

hattitude 06-13-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefly913 (Post 5788244)
I had my husband read the threads unfortunately are slide is not hydraulic it is electric. He did get the slide back out by touching the wires.

Did he touch the wires by the motor, switch, or controller....??

Wherever he touched the wires, I would inspect for a short, loose connection, or broken wire...

windsorbill 06-13-2021 01:12 PM

what floor plan is your Sceptor? I had a similar issue, but it was floor plan specific. I had a short behind the refrigerator, where all the wires were coming out of the basement. Glad it didn't cause a fire.

Firefly913 06-22-2021 03:54 PM

Slide

He did touch the wires and then tried to put the slide back out. It worked and didn't have any problems until today. We were out of the motor home and when we came back the slide was in again. All he did today was push the control on the panel and it went back out. He said he will check out the wires to make sure nothing is loose.

Firefly913 06-22-2021 03:58 PM

Slide

Windsorbill as I just sent my reply my husband was sitting on the other side and that slide started coming in. This is very scary to me. It did not come all the way in and stopped itself, so my husband went to the control panel and it went back out. This has now been both slides. Any suggestions

windsorbill 06-22-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefly913 (Post 5801891)
Windsorbill as I just sent my reply my husband was sitting on the other side and that slide started coming in. This is very scary to me. It did not come all the way in and stopped itself, so my husband went to the control panel and it went back out. This has now been both slides. Any suggestions

The cross over for the Scepter is the Camelot, so not quite the same coach as the Windsor, but similar.

I don't know your floor plan, but this happened to me. I see you mention this has happened with 2 different slides now. But I'll mention what happened to me.

Inside the cabinet where the refrigerator sits, Monaco had run all the wiring from the basement up to the roof through that cavity. Lots of wires, 3 large bundles with lots of wires in each bundle. When the fridge was in there, over the years from bouncing and jiggling, it rubbed some insulation off of the wiring and shorted out that particular slide. When we rocked the old norcold fridge, I could short out those wires and extend the slide. Fortunately, I caught that problem before any serious short, fire or slide extension while underway. Fixed the damaged wire, put some metal protection so fridge couldn't rub on those wires again and it's been good for many years.

It's a long shot, but maybe it's the same issue as I had.

As I side note since this has happened on 2 slides now, I might suspect your slide relay controllers. Mine is on the passenger side, far rear compartment, not sure where yours are. You might look at those as well.