iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   RV repair shop coach age issue (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/rv-repair-shop-coach-age-issue-541237.html)

Migkiller 06-14-2021 05:36 PM

RV repair shop coach age issue

Having electrical issues so going to take it to the Buddy Gregg dealership in Knoxville. I have been there a couple times and they do good work !

They have 22 bays for service ! Each inside bay was full and each bay outside had a rv on it.

I go in to get an appointment and the lady looked up my name and wanted to be sure it was for our 98 Dynasty. She tells me...i will be back need to speak to the service manger. She comes back and says your coach is over 10 years old and we don't work on coaches over 10 years old.......But since you have a Monaco we will work on it as they were a certified Monaco repair shop. YEAH !!!

Now i just have to wait 2 weeks until they get get me in !!! Could not believe how many rvs were here for service. Has anybody else ran into this problem of shops not wanting to work on coaches over 10 yrs. old ??

saddlesore 06-14-2021 05:47 PM

Yes I have..
However....it was not a place that sold our current brand.. (Guaranty, Junction City, OR.)

So did some checking and a Former Country Coach sales/repair dealer was just on the other side of the RR tracks.. They were very happy to do what was needed..(Premier, also Junction City, OR.)

Migkiller 06-14-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saddlesore (Post 5791652)
Yes I have..
However....it was not a place that sold our current brand.. (Guaranty, Junction City, OR.)

So did some checking and a Former Country Coach sales/repair dealer was just on the other side of the RR tracks.. They were very happy to do what was needed..(Premier, also Junction City, OR.)

Thanks ! Also in my favor i think was that i live local and a repeat service customer !!

ROUGHRIDER3 06-14-2021 06:08 PM

A lot of Honda motorcycle dealers will not work on a Honda over 10 years old either.

Timaz 06-14-2021 07:32 PM

We live in crazy times when someone doesn't want your money.

deandec 06-14-2021 07:42 PM

Yep, we can only earn a small percent of interest on our Banked dollars.

Fortunately, we do not have to pay the Bank to leave our funds on deposit.

Crazy Times indeed!!

BobGed 06-14-2021 08:38 PM

The problem for these repair shops is the lack of parts availability for older vehicles. If they bring them into their shops and dismantle them they are stuck with them taking up space waiting for parts to be located and/or received.

If I were in their position I would do the same thing.

Migkiller 06-15-2021 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobGed (Post 5791887)
The problem for these repair shops is the lack of parts availability for older vehicles. If they bring them into their shops and dismantle them they are stuck with them taking up space waiting for parts to be located and/or received.

If I were in their position I would do the same thing.

You are correct ! Just like power tools. After 10 years they quit making replacement parts, which makes you go buy new ones...ugh !!

Luckily Buddy Gregg still has technical support from Monaco for repairs.