iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   New owner (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/new-owner-541492.html)

RayAZ 06-16-2021 02:33 PM

New owner
 
I just recently pulled the trigger on a used 2004 Holiday Rambler Scepter with 39,690 miles this Saturday. I hope it turned out for the best , here's the story behind it . The guy stopped using it 3 years ago and sat on the side of the house for that long and I'm calling it sat longer . I recently took it to Camping World for an oil change and service generator and also needed a new battery isolator. Got all that token care of , getting new tires put on tomorrow i went with 275/70/R22.5 Hankook tires . An i went with that tire cause the counter guy said he personally had good experience with them :whistling:. So i hope it turns out to be true cause i paid $3,200.00 dollars for 6 along with mobile service to have them go to the yard and do them . Driving an RV through California down town is no fun . :banghead:

So my main question is what else do you guys call i should do? I've owned a 30 foot toy box for over 10 yrs. other then tires never really ran into other issues. SO i feel i have the basics but this Class A is a little intimidating .

Im having problems finding part numbers and just in general info , the RV stayed behind in Azusa California while all those things get worked and i had to come back to AZ .So any help is very accepted and highly appreciated . Thanks in advance .:popcorn:

MSHappyCampers 06-16-2021 02:37 PM

Congrats on the new rig! Let the adventure begin! :dance:

You can write down the make and model numbers of all the individual systems and Google for manuals.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

GCSuper 06-16-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayAZ (Post 5794205)
I just recently pulled the trigger on a used 2004 Holiday Rambler Scepter with 39,690 miles this Saturday. I hope it turned out for the best , here's the story behind it . The guy stopped using it 3 years ago and sat on the side of the house for that long and I'm calling it sat longer . I recently took it to Camping World for an oil change and service generator and also needed a new battery isolator. Got all that token care of , getting new tires put on tomorrow i went with 275/70/R22.5 Hankook tires . An i went with that tire cause the counter guy said he personally had good experience with them :whistling:. So i hope it turns out to be true cause i paid $3,200.00 dollars for 6 along with mobile service to have them go to the yard and do them . Driving an RV through California down town is no fun . :banghead:

So my main question is what else do you guys call i should do? I've owned a 30 foot toy box for over 10 yrs. other then tires never really ran into other issues. SO i feel i have the basics but this Class A is a little intimidating .

Im having problems finding part numbers and just in general info , the RV stayed behind in Azusa California while all those things get worked and i had to come back to AZ .So any help is very accepted and highly appreciated . Thanks in advance .:popcorn:

What brand of chassis is it ? I would never use CW to service the engine and generator. At least use a truck/heavy equipment shop.

wolfe10 06-16-2021 02:46 PM

Please post a picture of your coach's REAR TRAILING ARM.


There were a number of failures of the OE design.


From pictures, we can tell if yours are the newer/safer design or the failure-prone ones.

Outbound 06-16-2021 02:46 PM

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your new HR, they build a great coach.

RayAZ 06-16-2021 02:52 PM

I can once i get back and as in a failure , do you refer they snap and break? Gezzzz these were the things i was worries about and i guess i didn't do my homework long enough . :facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfe10 (Post 5794220)
Please post a picture of your coach's REAR TRAILING ARM.


There were a number of failures of the OE design.


From pictures, we can tell if yours are the newer/safer design or the failure-prone ones.


windsorbill 06-16-2021 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfe10 (Post 5794220)
Please post a picture of your coach's REAR TRAILING ARM.


There were a number of failures of the OE design.


From pictures, we can tell if yours are the newer/safer design or the failure-prone ones.

On the Sceptor? I don't think so.

RayAZ 06-16-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCSuper (Post 5794210)
What brand of chassis is it ? I would never use CW to service the engine and generator. At least use a truck/heavy equipment shop.

I kind of just went off what was available at the moment since California is still very Covid and just wanted to prep it to drive it back home to AZ . Where we exercise a little more freedom . What was your experience for CW to not wanna go there. Just curious

windsorbill 06-16-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayAZ (Post 5794205)
I just recently pulled the trigger on a used 2004 Holiday Rambler Scepter with 39,690 miles this Saturday. I hope it turned out for the best , here's the story behind it . The guy stopped using it 3 years ago and sat on the side of the house for that long and I'm calling it sat longer . I recently took it to Camping World for an oil change and service generator and also needed a new battery isolator. Got all that token care of , getting new tires put on tomorrow i went with 275/70/R22.5 Hankook tires . An i went with that tire cause the counter guy said he personally had good experience with them :whistling:. So i hope it turns out to be true cause i paid $3,200.00 dollars for 6 along with mobile service to have them go to the yard and do them . Driving an RV through California down town is no fun . :banghead:

So my main question is what else do you guys call i should do? I've owned a 30 foot toy box for over 10 yrs. other then tires never really ran into other issues. SO i feel i have the basics but this Class A is a little intimidating .

Im having problems finding part numbers and just in general info , the RV stayed behind in Azusa California while all those things get worked and i had to come back to AZ .So any help is very accepted and highly appreciated . Thanks in advance .:popcorn:

Double check, it seems like the 275 tires are small for that coach, but maybe they put them on the 2004 models.


I wouldn't use camping world either. If you need anymore work done, use these guys, just a little ways down the 10 freeway. https://www.redlandstruckservice.com/

Besides oil, I'd replace all fluids in both generator and engine. Send samples out to a reputable testing service. Does coach have Aqua Hot?

windsorbill 06-16-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayAZ (Post 5794230)
I can once i get back and as in a failure , do you refer they snap and break? Gezzzz these were the things i was worries about and i guess i didn't do my homework long enough . :facepalm:

Trailing arm issues didn't effect the Sceptors. Only some of the lower tiered coaches.

You coach is a good solid coach. Maintenance is key. Hopefully PO took care of it. . Compared to your previous toy box, maintenance will be night and day.

RayAZ 06-16-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsorbill (Post 5794239)
Double check, it seems like the 275 tires are small for that coach, but maybe they put them on the 2004 models.


I wouldn't use camping world either. If you need anymore work done, use these guys, just a little ways down the 10 freeway. https://www.redlandstruckservice.com/

Besides oil, I'd replace all fluids in both generator and engine. Send samples out to a reputable testing service. Does coach have Aqua Hot?

I double checked and the people at tire shop in La habra did too , we wanted to make sure since they had to order them. All I found online was from 2006 on up 295 was a common.

An i will be honest with you i don't even know what Aqua Hot is lol sorry new to the game so please school me.

RayAZ 06-16-2021 03:23 PM

what about for serpentine belt and also AC belt ? i found something on here on the search bar but had several part numbers . TIA

momdoc 06-16-2021 03:39 PM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new coach. The learning curve is very long but thankfully only steep in the beginning.

Second bit of advice. Stay away from Camping World.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!

RayAZ 06-16-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momdoc (Post 5794294)
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new coach. The learning curve is very long but thankfully only steep in the beginning.

Second bit of advice. Stay away from Camping World.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!

I sure will , thanks a lot for all the positive feed back and also minor strokes :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.