iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Replacing Running Light Bulb in Classic 2014 (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/replacing-running-light-bulb-in-classic-2014-a-542001.html)

ronlin11 06-20-2021 01:21 PM

Replacing Running Light Bulb in Classic 2014

I researched old threads and have not come up with how you actually remove a running light bulb and replace it in my 2014 Aspire 44U. I have pulled off the rubber cover on mine and looked at what appears to be two phillips screws holding a bracket that might hold in a bulb. Has anyone replaced these running lights which are the bottom lights at my vertical line of headlights? Any information on this would be appreciated.

dave&ginny 06-20-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronlin11 (Post 5799007)
I researched old threads and have not come up with how you actually remove a running light bulb and replace it in my 2014 Aspire 44U. I have pulled off the rubber cover on mine and looked at what appears to be two phillips screws holding a bracket that might hold in a bulb. Has anyone replaced these running lights which are the bottom lights at my vertical line of headlights? Any information on this would be appreciated.

I did mine about 3 years ago but I don't remember having any screws. I think there's a butterfly type of clip that held the bulb in but I could be wrong. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Stannman 06-20-2021 03:54 PM

Running light bulbs

Did you try sliding under the Coach and looking at the back side of the light inside the fender? When I unscrew mine (vintage RV) the entire light fixture comes out. Can you post a photo or two?

ronlin11 06-20-2021 04:16 PM

I have been under the coach and pulled off the rubber boot that is over the rear of the light. There are two wires that travel thru the boot to the back of what appears to be the bulb. There are what appears to be clips secured by phillips screws that seem to hold it in place. I was thinking that the bulbs would just turn a bit and pull out but that does not seem to be the case. That is why I was asking if anyone has actually replaced one and remembers the procedure.

HarryStone 06-20-2021 04:47 PM

A picture would be great, if possible.

Mwoodofd 06-21-2021 05:35 PM

You should be able to squeeze the clips together and the light will simply pull out. The clips are around some hooks, so they may need to be squeezed and maneuvered around the hooks that hold the light bulb assembly in place.

Just be careful with the rubber boot, sliding it down the wires, as I pulled one of the wires loose from the fixture, and had the remove the whole vertical light assembly to fix it. All the high beam, low beam, and running lights are replaced that way on my 2013 that has the vertical light (Anthem and Aspire in those model years, Cornerstone lights were horizontal)

Jburklo 06-21-2021 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronlin11 (Post 5799223)
I have been under the coach and pulled off the rubber boot that is over the rear of the light. There are two wires that travel thru the boot to the back of what appears to be the bulb. There are what appears to be clips secured by phillips screws that seem to hold it in place. I was thinking that the bulbs would just turn a bit and pull out but that does not seem to be the case. That is why I was asking if anyone has actually replaced one and remembers the procedure.

I have a 2012 and have replaced my main headlights and assume the running lights are the same. See pics re replacement.

Hope this helps.

ronlin11 06-22-2021 12:49 AM

Thank you for the responses. I am not sure if my lights are the same but I will be down there on Thursday to work on my steps and check it out. Again thank you.

JJT 06-22-2021 04:34 AM

[QUOTE=Mwoodofd;5800717]You should be able to squeeze the clips together and the light will simply pull out. The clips are around some hooks, so they may need to be squeezed and maneuvered around the hooks that hold the light bulb assembly in place.

Exactly as described above. Just replaced mine on my 2014 Anthem. The lights on mine are horizontal and took an H7 bulb. Took all of 15 minutes to replace both left and right side driving lights.