iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   RV Events & Gatherings (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f39/)
-   -   Talladega infield first time (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f39/talladega-infield-first-time-542299.html)

Brandon42054 06-22-2021 11:31 AM

Talladega infield first time

Iím working on getting infield passes for dega in October Iíve been to multiple cup races in the past just grandstands , I got our class a to pull my dirt late model around and not have to try to drive home at 3am on longer nights at the track.
We pretty much boondock on a regular basis I was curious about certain things like quiet time and stuff like that , we will have our daughter with us so Iíd like to get in a lot that has a quiet time Iím curious on running a generator during quiet hours ? We have a onan on the rig (if I can get it working reliably lol ) if they do enforce generators like that would I be better off grabbing some suitcase Honda inverters to at least keep the a/c going ? Or how loud do the no quiet time areas get ? We are in southern Louisiana so with our level of heat it hard to imagine not having a/c even in October thanks

ponytl 06-22-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon42054 (Post 5801560)
Iím working on getting infield passes for dega in October Iíve been to multiple cup races in the past just grandstands , I got our class a to pull my dirt late model around and not have to try to drive home at 3am on longer nights at the track.
We pretty much boondock on a regular basis I was curious about certain things like quiet time and stuff like that , we will have our daughter with us so Iíd like to get in a lot that has a quiet time Iím curious on running a generator during quiet hours ? We have a onan on the rig (if I can get it working reliably lol ) if they do enforce generators like that would I be better off grabbing some suitcase Honda inverters to at least keep the a/c going ? Or how loud do the no quiet time areas get ? We are in southern Louisiana so with our level of heat it hard to imagine not having a/c even in October thanks

It's been a few years but we were always in the drivers compound, but we'd go out at nite and visit on the golf cart. I did not know there was a "quite time" in the infield? all night long "sweet home Alabama" is played loud enough that we'd hear it inside the coach in the drivers area. unless something has changed "sleep" is what you do the morning after a night in the infield .... there are service trucks that make 24hr rounds for water ice and pump outs if you are in need... have fun but don't plan on sleeping

Elwood58 06-22-2021 11:46 AM

Quiet hours at Dega from midnight to 6:00 am. There are 4 or 5 lots that offer power, and some with sewer and water. Go the the Talladega website and choose RV camping. On the left column you can select your variables.