iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Bug Remover Hot water hose reel project complete. (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/bug-remover-hot-water-hose-reel-project-complete-542534.html)

Vickie 4369 06-24-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanDiemen23 (Post 5804620)
white scotchbrite really works to take off bugs and does not scratch.

Everything Scratches it is just to what degree.

Even a microfiber towel will scratch if you press too hard.

These are highly rated by detailers for those stuborn bug stains, I have them but have not needed them yet.

https://www.amazon.com/McKees-37-Roa...5-2aa47aa18b69

Trust me Hot water is the best I have found with the least amount of work and damage.

Ted.

Vickie 4369 06-24-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanDiemen23 (Post 5804620)
white scotchbrite really works to take off bugs and does not scratch.

Everything Scratches it is just to what degree.

Even a microfiber towel will scratch if you press too hard.

These are highly rated by detailers for those stuborn bug stains, I have them but have not needed them yet.

https://www.amazon.com/McKees-37-Roa...5-2aa47aa18b69

Trust me Hot water is the best I have found with the least amount of work and damage.;)

Ted.

TriMoot 06-25-2021 01:52 PM

Wow..that's pretty cool! I wonder if my 2005 Essex has a hot water faucet up front? (Haven't actually seen it yet..flying there tomorrow!! WOOHOO!)

Yeah, If it does I REALLY like that idea! Thanks for sharing!

Vickie 4369 06-25-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLSteve (Post 5804431)
Vickie 4369 ... I had done something similar, but you have taken it to the next level. Might look at upgrading mine as well now that I see yours.

Good job.

FLSteve

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/201...ml#post5155465

Honestly you were one of my inspirations for this Idea that has been building over the last year.:bow:

I liked your Idea and had some of the pieces you used sitting in my Amazon wish list for quite a while last season.

I just felt like I could take it to the next level and further simplify the use and storage of the hose.

I am all about the Nascar style pit stops LOL!

Ted.

palehorse89 06-25-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiesta48 (Post 5804336)
I thought of that years ago. A lot of work to install. Bucket of hot water, sponge and finger nails works for me.

Have this Mod the OP started, but after reading you're post.....think I'll go back to sponge,water and finger nails.......very inspiring :thumb:

Edd505 06-25-2021 08:09 PM

Water control with outdoor shower.
https://i.imgur.com/grPLN2Sl.jpg
Coiled hose available every where:
https://i.imgur.com/o1890wBl.jpg


Add hose nozzle of your choice and you have water at what ever temp you like.

Vickie 4369 06-25-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edd505 (Post 5806591)

Add hose nozzle of your choice and you have water at what ever temp you like.

Thanks but no thanks, my shower is 3/4 toward the back of the coach, on the road side.

Lets say I drive through Florida in Love bug season, and I have to pull over to wash my windshield, I would have to open the compartment, risking my life on the side of the road, and possible get the door torn off, drag the hose upfront, wash the windshield, then disconnect drain and store the 30 ft. hose.

My set up reach under the front pull out the hose rinse, and rewind Safe and sound.:dance:

Ted.

Vickie 4369 06-25-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palehorse89 (Post 5806566)
Have this Mod the OP started, but after reading you're post.....think I'll go back to sponge,water and finger nails.......very inspiring :thumb:

:laugh:

ShelbyTom1 06-29-2021 04:42 PM

That is definitely next level.
I will be upgrading my quick disconnect fittings up front .
Thanks for sharing.

LarryinID 06-29-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiesta48 (Post 5804336)
I thought of that years ago. A lot of work to install. Bucket of hot water, sponge and finger nails works for me.

Ryobi pressure washer pumps from 5 gallon bucket which you can fill with hot or soapy water as you wish. I will give the hot water a try.

Very convenient as no install and you can fill bucket from anywhere.

AKKLS 06-29-2021 05:38 PM

bug removal
 
A "Dobie" non scratch dish washing sponge takes bugs off and doesn't scratch nor mar the 3M coating.

GoingRD 07-02-2021 07:41 AM

Nice work! Thanks you for sharing.

RVStitchy 07-02-2021 08:23 AM

Great idea. Based on your post I added the hot water in gen compartment to my options list for my upcoming Dutch Star order. Thanks for all the detail. Will start buying all the parts in 6 months.

Winger2 07-02-2021 08:28 AM

A detailer friend told me to pre treat the bugs with simple green. Than come back and wash normally. He said its fine for paint and clear bra. dunno


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.