iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Country Coach Owners Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f112/)
-   -   Rear camera trouble (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f112/rear-camera-trouble-542591.html)

DirtyHarry 06-24-2021 09:46 AM

Rear camera trouble

2003 36' Allura

My rear camera is working intermittently like a loose connection. Is there any common areas to look at that are prone to be the problem? The main switch is working all I'm getting is a black screen.

RV-LEDs 06-24-2021 09:52 AM

Go back to the closet and pull that panel off of the back wall. Carefully pull the wires up and disconnect the plug that is in line. DO NOT LET IT FALL BACK IN. Take canned air and blow out both ends of the plug and plug back in. Go try your camera now.

Gatesway 06-24-2021 03:58 PM

If you lost power or shut off the salesman switch, then you may have to reset the Panasonic display. You have to use the remote control for the unit and go thru the settings - to turn on the backup camera.

Hope this does it. I have the instructions if you need them.

shoalsgary 06-24-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RV-LEDs (Post 5804244)
Go back to the closet and pull that panel off of the back wall. Carefully pull the wires up and disconnect the plug that is in line. DO NOT LET IT FALL BACK IN. Take canned air and blow out both ends of the plug and plug back in. Go try your camera now.

I tried that and still have a black screen Weldex 6800. CC Inspire 360, 2006.

Mainecoons 06-25-2021 05:31 AM

What is the "salesman switch?"

Gatesway 06-26-2021 04:11 AM

The switch located at the entry door area turns off all house 12v power (battery disconnect).

deandec 06-26-2021 02:51 PM

Many years ago I had a similar problem.

Removed the Screen component from the dash and improved the camera connection.

Has been fine for at least 14 years.

amosnandy 06-26-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyHarry (Post 5804237)
2003 36' Allura

My rear camera is working intermittently like a loose connection. Is there any common areas to look at that are prone to be the problem? The main switch is working all I'm getting is a black screen.

It would help to know what kind of system you have. Is it original?

If itís the old Panasonic monitor that hangs from the ceiling, there is a plug for the camera that pushes in and a collar that screws tight. There is also a 4 wire plug. Iím assuming one of them sends power to the camera. They both come loose or get bad connection.

The next option is to pull the camera, again donít loose the wires down the hole and plug it directly into the back of the monitor.

That failing, look for a replacement camera, buy from Amazon, you can always send it back.

Next is to try a different monitor.

Also while you have it apart you can check the cable. It probably has 4 wires. What I have done is made a pin that jumps two contacts then see if you get a zero ohms reading at the other end. Realize to check each wire, there will be like 16 combinations youíll have to try.

gnvrvin 06-27-2021 02:24 PM

Do you have the Panasonic system where the screen pops out and flips up?
Is there any thing at all on the screen?
If so that type of.system has issues with a ribbon cable that connects the screen
They can be repaired

Good luck,
Greg

caryt 06-29-2021 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If your system includes side camera's then check the Mito switch module.
You can change the camera output from one to another inputs. If the rear now works its the module.

Did this to mine and ordered a new updated Mito switch.

alitten 07-03-2021 04:58 PM

rear camera problem

I have a 2006 CC 37' allure 470 which had a blank camera screen and checked everything until i finally oulled the dash cover to get to the back of the panasonic receiver tuner and found the wire to the camera from the panasoinic was disconnected. hooked it up and WAlla it worked. hope yours is as simple