iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   Where is the Coolant Filter Located? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f25/where-is-the-coolant-filter-located-542668.html)

Ohio44718 06-24-2021 04:25 PM

Where is the Coolant Filter Located?

I am being told that a 2017 Entegra Cornerstone with a K3 chassis has a coolant filter. When I talked to Spartan they verified it should have one but was of no help telling me where it is located. I have looked and do not seem to be able to identify it for sure. Can someone please point me in the right direction or better yet take a snap shot of it? I have searched this site for about an hour and can not find anyone else who has asked this question. This coach is new to me so if obvious begging forgiveness ahead of time.

mackwrench 06-24-2021 08:29 PM

I'm betting you don't have one. A lot of newer engines don't.

Your engine hould have long life type of coolant, like final charge, or oat that doesn't require a filter/conditioner.

Knowing which coolant would help.

There maybe a decal on or near radiator cap area that says what coolant is used....

flyboy013 06-25-2021 05:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohio44718 (Post 5804800)
I am being told that a 2017 Entegra Cornerstone with a K3 chassis has a coolant filter.

Which engine do you have? My K3 ISX12 has a coolant filter. Itís on the drivers side. Follow the hose from the coolant reservoir under the back of the engine to the divers side. My filter is located where the hose connects to the block.

Recommend you setup a Cummins quickserve account. You can access the maintenance procedures which includes pictures of where the filter is located. You will need your engine serial number to setup the account.

Attachment 333609

Ohio44718 06-26-2021 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyboy013 (Post 5806511)
Which engine do you have? My K3 ISX12 has a coolant filter. It’s on the drivers side. Follow the hose from the coolant reservoir under the back of the engine to the divers side. My filter is located where the hose connects to the block.

Recommend you setup a Cummins quickserve account. You can access the maintenance procedures which includes pictures of where the filter is located. You will need your engine serial number to setup the account.

Attachment 333609

Will do on the quickserve. Totally forgot about them offering that service. Called Spartan and their phone support sent me the Motorhome Maintenance but did not go into that amount of detail. I have an ISX15 assuming the 15 stands for the liter. Have to crawl under and raise my stone guard perfect time to look in the area in the drawing.

Spk64 06-26-2021 06:44 AM

Not sure if it is the same on the ISX but on ISL there is a valve on top of filter housing to turn off the flow. Otherwise you will have a lot of coolant leak when removing the filter.
QuickServe will have the instructions on how to change.

flyboy013 06-26-2021 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spk64 (Post 5806958)
Not sure if it is the same on the ISX but on ISL there is a valve on top of filter housing to turn off the flow. Otherwise you will have a lot of coolant leak when removing the filter.
QuickServe will have the instructions on how to change.

Yes, the ISX (12) also has that valve to shutoff the flow to the filter. Itís listed in the coolant filter change procedures on Cummins Quickserve document.

Ohio44718 06-26-2021 10:36 AM

Found It!

Yep there it is. Since so many of the filters are right on top I was looking around the coolant tank and head area. Thanks for the heads up on the valve. Was wondering about the fluid leaking everywhere while driving home from the Cummins Parts Dealer but figured I would read up more on the Cummins site when I got home. Thanks all.

mackwrench 06-26-2021 10:41 AM

Awesome, glad you found it!