iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Slide out mobile mechanic Winchester Bay OR (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/slide-out-mobile-mechanic-winchester-bay-or-545293.html)

Arizona Lizards 07-13-2021 03:51 PM

Slide out mobile mechanic Winchester Bay OR

Our bedroom slide has gone belly up. Heard a big bang on its way out, we were able to bring it in on the switch, but with a loud noise. And now it wonít do anything (didnít surprise me). At least it is the bedroom slide which is easier to live in with it in. We will be in Winchester Bay, Oregon for the next 3 months. Wondering if anyone on the Newmar forum has used a mobile mechanic in that area and has a recommendation. Would rather get someone that is recommended than just cross our fingers and pick one.

Any recommendations appreciated.
Lisa

Dutch Star Don 07-13-2021 04:15 PM

I would first pull the covers under the bed and see if there is anything obvious. It will go smoother hiring someone if you can explain what's needed, like something broken that needs welding. Did the motor bolts come loose and the motor snapped off (that could be repaired with just a replacement motor). Did something happen with the trans torque bushing.

Even if you don't see something, take a photo and let the rest of us take a gander. If it needs a new motor/transmission, it would be a lot less expensive to order one and have it ready to go, versus paying a mechanic twice.

Did you check with the office? If you're not staying at Winchester Bay RV Resort, go over and see if they have a recommendation.

jondrew55 07-13-2021 04:28 PM

When the slide on our Discovery 40G went belly up I had 2 mobile mechanics come out and were useless. Fortunatly one of them refused to charge me because he could not help. Eventually I got it to the dealer and they did a simple reprogramming of the slide controller and it was fixed.

Have you called Newmarket and asked them for help or a local service recommendation?

Arizona Lizards 07-22-2021 02:20 PM

Sorry I haven’t responded. We ended up losing all internet connections shortly after posting. We took everything out from under the beds and took the covers off. To our non-mechanical minds we couldn’t really see the problem. Newmar has been called, no response yet. Hoping soon.

capnqball 07-23-2021 12:52 AM

Guaranty RV, a large Newmar dealer is in Junction City OR which is 2 hrs from Winchester Bay. They might be able to help locate a local mechanic in the Bay area. Or make an appointment and make a day of it. Good luck.

Arizona Lizards 07-24-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnqball (Post 5842895)
Guaranty RV, a large Newmar dealer is in Junction City OR which is 2 hrs from Winchester Bay. They might be able to help locate a local mechanic in the Bay area. Or make an appointment and make a day of it. Good luck.

We did try them, and they are backed up. Which makes sense as it is summer and their busy time. Will call Monday and see it they have a recommendation.

Ken C 07-24-2021 03:59 PM

You might try this number and ask for Sherry Rouilard. She has worked there for many years and handles most, if not all the Newmar Service. 541-998-4265.

clawsonbob 07-25-2021 06:11 AM

You have a slide out mobile mechanic??

You have a slide out mobile mechanic?? When I first saw the title of your post, I thought how handy and convenient would this be - a rv tech mounted on a basement slide out��!!

Seriously, call Newmar as suggested above. You can also try your local dealer, for referral to mobile mechanics. I’ve been able to get some good ones from my dealer in Florida, as well as from other owners in nearby resorts. Good luck

Arizona Lizards 07-25-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clawsonbob (Post 5845289)
You have a slide out mobile mechanic?? When I first saw the title of your post, I thought how handy and convenient would this be - a rv tech mounted on a basement slide out��!!

Seriously, call Newmar as suggested above. You can also try your local dealer, for referral to mobile mechanics. Iíve been able to get some good ones from my dealer in Florida, as well as from other owners in nearby resorts. Good luck

Thanks, my dealer is in Arizona. So not much help for up here. Calling Newmar again tomorrow.

Arizona Lizards 07-25-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken C (Post 5844822)
You might try this number and ask for Sherry Rouilard. She has worked there for many years and handles most, if not all the Newmar Service. 541-998-4265.

Thanks, will do.