iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   National RV Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/)
-   -   HELP - Flooding from Washer (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/help-flooding-from-washer-545731.html)

Chinadoll13 07-16-2021 07:27 PM

HELP - Flooding from Washer

National Tradewinds 2000. Attached water from camp site. Washing machine filled and flooded. Cannot find a cutoff for the washer. Washere was not even on!! Had to shut off all water because water continued to fill up the washer. Splendide washer dryer combo.

Gary RVRoamer 07-16-2021 07:36 PM

The washer has a solenoid-controlled water inlet valve. Apparently it failed in some way that opened the valve. Could have been the washer control board rather than the solenoid itself.

There surely is a manual hot & cold water line shutoff but it is behind the washer where the washer hoses attach to the faucets.

MSHappyCampers 07-18-2021 10:15 AM

I agree with Gary's diagnosis! If there are no cutoff valves behind the washer then you probably have a water manifold in your storage bays with cutoffs for all the water lines.

I have the Splendide 2000 W/D and one of the inlet valves is leaking. It will fill up over a period of time. I have bought two new valves but haven't installed them yet.

RRR 07-18-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer (Post 5834665)
The washer has a solenoid-controlled water inlet valve. Apparently it failed in some way that opened the valve. Could have been the washer control board rather than the solenoid itself.

There surely is a manual hot & cold water line shutoff but it is behind the washer where the washer hoses attach to the faucets.

Or they could be like my Bounder and behind the false wall in the cabinet above the washer. Ice maker shut off was buried too.

Chinadoll13 07-18-2021 08:12 PM

Thank you. Had a neighbor at the campsite who worked in plumbing. He cut the lines and capped them off. Finally found the cutoff valves inder a drawer next to the machine.... smh

C1v1leng 07-19-2021 06:52 AM

Valves

I moved the valves from underneath the drawer and located them next to the washer in the hanging closet. Now I can quickly shut them off when the washer is not in use. I used pex for plumbing and it seems compatible with the original plumbing.

153stars 07-19-2021 11:00 AM

A few of us have shared your pain exact issue. I have the water manifold the only shared water line is toilet an cold washing machine.
I think lowering the anti siphon loop a few inches on washer discharge line might keep it from over flowing but not over filling. I bumped the agitator with switch drum moved 1/4 turn just that slight slosh and it slowly siphoned most of out. Maybe if perfectly level it may have started to siphon.
I haven't test this theory but have solved much harder complex design flaws.