iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   WARNING: Your new coach build dates may not be accurate (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/warning-your-new-coach-build-dates-may-not-be-accurate-546210.html)

Fitztrux 07-20-2021 08:47 AM

WARNING: Your new coach build dates may not be accurate
 
We currently have a 2021 Dutchstar 4326 on order with a complete date of 6/29. The coach was built on schedule, but with no sofa and a missing Girard awning. Today is 7/20 and the coach is sitting in a lot with about 100 other coaches waiting on components.

The dealer (NIRVC Lewisville) has been great to keep me informed. Newmar sales coordinator has been terrific as well. They at least took some pictures of the coach for me.

The purpose of this thread is for all you folks out there excited about your coaches need to be cautious about making firm plans around your build dates. I think the vendors around Newmar are overwhelmed with component shortages and don't have a clue about accurate ship dates for their pieces. Bad information gets passed down the chain to the customer and that's where disappointment and frustration set in.....

Girard has missed awning delivery dates now 3 times. No integrity....

Component shortage is a worldwide problem. I don't know if it will get better anytime soon.

Hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel and it won't be a train....

pilotspike 07-20-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitztrux (Post 5839048)

Girard has missed awning delivery dates now 3 times. No integrity....

Component shortage is a worldwide problem. I don't know if it will get better anytime soon.

Hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel and it won't be a train....


No integrity? How come Newmar has integrity but Girard doesn't? What is their supplier situation?


J

Fitztrux 07-20-2021 11:16 AM

UPDATE: Girard has delayed awnings for another week...

D20 07-20-2021 11:50 AM

https://rv-pro.com/news/foam-shortag...er-industries/

RVStitchy 07-20-2021 12:34 PM

We placed our order last Friday. I am hoping for a delivery by the end of the year even though the dealer suggested it might be sooner. To be fair the comment came after we signed the agreement.

We are seeing the same problems with part supplies to service the Yachting industry. What use to be a 2 weeks lead time is now 12-14 weeks. Some of my customers understand we are a middle man in the supply chain problem.

I just hope that Girard and others do not sacrifice quality in a response to delivery pressure.

Winger2 07-20-2021 01:07 PM

Just as Newmar is waiting on components, so is every other manufacturer, including Girard. I just do not get the no integrity comment.

Fitztrux 07-20-2021 01:17 PM

The no integrity comment is that Girard is not accurate whatsoever in their delivery to Newmar. Missed delivery dates 4 times in a week.

Newmar orders parts on a per job (coach) basis. They have no inventory to draw from, unless it would be supplies (bolts, wiring, plumbing etc)

Sorry for the confusion.

Flyer15015 07-20-2021 01:23 PM

Just remember, the last link in your supply chain is China.

Mr_D 07-20-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitztrux (Post 5839048)
We currently have a 2021 Dutchstar 4326 on order with a complete date of 6/29. The coach was built on schedule, but with no sofa and a missing Girard awning. Today is 7/20 and the coach is sitting in a lot with about 100 other coaches waiting on components.

The dealer (NIRVC Lewisville) has been great to keep me informed. Newmar sales coordinator has been terrific as well. They at least took some pictures of the coach for me.

The purpose of this thread is for all you folks out there excited about your coaches need to be cautious about making firm plans around your build dates. I think the vendors around Newmar are overwhelmed with component shortages and don't have a clue about accurate ship dates for their pieces. Bad information gets passed down the chain to the customer and that's where disappointment and frustration set in.....

Girard has missed awning delivery dates now 3 times. No integrity....

Component shortage is a worldwide problem. I don't know if it will get better anytime soon.

Hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel and it won't be a train....

You don't suppose Girard is having supply problems too so they have no real idea of delivery dates either?

Fitztrux 07-20-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_D (Post 5839406)
You don't suppose Girard is having supply problems too so they have no real idea of delivery dates either?

Quite possible. However, I would stop quoting delivery dates until I knew for sure.

Fitztrux 07-20-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyer15015 (Post 5839399)
Just remember, the last link in your supply chain is China.

Yep...

Winger2 07-20-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitztrux (Post 5839393)
The no integrity comment is that Girard is not accurate whatsoever in their delivery to Newmar. Missed delivery dates 4 times in a week.

Newmar orders parts on a per job (coach) basis. They have no inventory to draw from, unless it would be supplies (bolts, wiring, plumbing etc)

Sorry for the confusion.

I am not confused. Girard could have having difficulty with THEIR suppliers. It may be out of THEIR control, just like its out of NEWMAR'S control. I do not see any reason to blame anyone at this point. Things happen. I want a certain model vehicle, there are almost none around. I do not blame the manufacturer because he is waiting on another manufacturer who is waiting on another manufacturer

Ginton 07-20-2021 02:13 PM

We also ordered a Baystar last Friday, our dealer is saying mid December, barring any material shortages.....

twojayhawks 07-20-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitztrux (Post 5839413)
Quite possible. However, I would stop quoting delivery dates until I knew for sure.

I completely agree and am very surprised ANY mfg would quote firm delivery dates for anything until it's physically in their own distribution center- in these times. I wonder if Newmar has been honest with the info they are giving you. That is unless you are dealing with The Girard Group and communicating with them directly.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.