iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f297/)
-   -   Renegade Verona LE tire pressure system (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f297/renegade-verona-le-tire-pressure-system-546489.html)

RodnReel 07-22-2021 07:40 AM

Renegade Verona LE tire pressure system

The admiral and I are about 6 months away from selling our house and go RVing full time. Tops on our list of motorhomes is the 2022 Renegade Verona LE which has a TPS.

We have been watching YouTube videos of RV add on gear and many have a TPS with temperature as a must have. My question is have any of you added some sort of temperature monitoring system system in addition to your tire pressure system.

Since we plan to flat tow it seems necessary to have the pressure and temp.
on the tow vehicle.

Paul R. 07-24-2021 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodnReel (Post 5841724)
The admiral and I are about 6 months away from selling our house and go RVing full time. Tops on our list of motorhomes is the 2022 Renegade Verona LE which has a TPS.

We have been watching YouTube videos of RV add on gear and many have a TPS with temperature as a must have. My question is have any of you added some sort of temperature monitoring system system in addition to your tire pressure system.

on the tow vehicle.

The TPMS on my 2021 Verona 36VSB provides the temperature of each tire and a warning of overheating.

twc88 07-30-2021 05:40 AM

I have a tireminder system on my 2017 it does not have a factory system

Desertcampr 07-30-2021 10:09 AM

I’ve got the older version of this system. EEZTire-TPMS8 Real Time/24x7 Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Color Monitor + 8 at Sensors, incl. 3-Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009BEF1WS...ing=UTF8&psc=1 It works great. Temperature and pressure. Especially since I tow a tandem axle enclosed trailer and I put sensors on that. All of it displays on a single screen.

trailerbal 08-30-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodnReel (Post 5841724)

on the tow vehicle.

We have a TST TPMS system. The Verona comes with a TPMS system, but I like the visibility and ease of monitoring both coach and towed vehicle using the TST system. Love the colored screen. When starting the coach, I make it a habit to run through each tire to ensure all is normal prior to departure. Also keep an occasional eye on it as I am driving.

Idleup 08-30-2021 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The provided Freightliner tire pressure display works fine, however it will not read pressure prior to leaving out for the day, the tires have to be rolling for a period of time. Regretfully, the display is horribley small and somewhat clumbersum to move through the tires. A good practice is to turn on your parking lights to illuminate the display during the day.

In any case, it does work well and will warn you with a flashing light and beeping sound should a tire have heat or pressure issues.

My favorite TPMS is the Tireminder unit, they make a stand alone and an Iphone version. My phone sits in a holder and the large display rotates though all the tires showing pressure and temperature You can find a review on my personal web site at RVVOLT.COM

Regards Mike

The Renegade 08-31-2021 01:41 PM

I agree with the last 2 posts. The factory option does work and works well. You can set your parameters but I agree it is hard to see from the drivers seat. An aftermarket system would provide better visual for monitoring although I still rely on the factory option.

Aggie97 09-06-2021 01:20 PM

We have the TST 507 TPMS for the MH and toad and it works great. Don't even need the repeater for the toad.