iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   Drawings-manual for Cummins DEF System (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/drawings-manual-for-cummins-def-system-546634.html)

jerryd13 07-23-2021 08:29 AM

Drawings-manual for Cummins DEF System

Friends, I have a 2012 Tiffin phaeton 40 QBHwith the Cummings 8.3L ISC engine.
It now appears that Cummings manufactured or had parts manufactured to equip my motor home with this system. They shipped the DEF items to Freightliner Custom Chassis in Gaffney, SC. where they build the Freightliner chassis. BUT CUMMINGS, not Freightliner created this system.

My reason for this message is, DOES ANYONE, who reads this message have a drawing or set of electrical control schematics that indicate the control and power wiring for the DEF system.

Same question as to the MODEL NUMBER, TYPE, and or and operational or service manual or documentation that explains the operation and service or repair procedures.

As time goes on, expertise and documentation, spare parts will get less and less available. This is time to get the information all of you will one day need, assist me me and hundreds of others if you can.

Thank you
Jerryd13

OhioWayne 07-23-2021 08:56 AM

I believe if you go here it will help as my 2818 bus just spent 4 weeks chasing the 5v supply problem. Fault code Tiffin 3513/ Cummins Fault code 1696

tinyurl.com/44sczv5r

jkorn 07-23-2021 11:27 PM

Go Where? Jeff

jeskibuff 07-24-2021 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkorn (Post 5844116)
Go Where? Jeff

He provided the link (tinyurl.com/44sczv5r), just not in "clickable" format...here it is for you: tinyurl.com/44sczv5r

vettenuts 07-24-2021 03:15 PM

You will find schematics and drawings for installation on the Freightliner DTNA website. I have been downloading schematics of the air system for the past week but there are other things of interest including the DEF system as well. The actual components are from Cummins, and you can get parts diagrams off of Cummins QuickServ for the actual components.

jerryd13 07-25-2021 08:55 AM

Freightliner Schematics, drawings on Chassis Air Line and Air Brake system

Vettenuts,

Can you be more specific. I have e mailed and called Freight Liner, Damler North America, ect. for drawings that clearly show the pnuematic pipiing and devices from the engine Air Compressor out to all devices. I HAVE RECEIVED ZERO. Now, I have found various BENDIX AIR BRAKING SYSTEM videos, and airline flow diagrams, ect. but this is not specific to any specific mfg,. model of motor home.

Would you be willing to send a copy of what you were able to obtain, here or via e mail to me, Jerry at proudfox13@gmail.com along with the specific
contact info. so I may attempt to obtain such.

This issue is also true as to electrical control wiring schematics and parts, operating and service manuals for the Cummins Designed After Treatment Device " DEF" on my 2012 Tiffin Phaeton. Cummins Quick Serve has provided next to zip, so far, and this is material that can assist all motor home owners when a problem crops up as it can help technicians communicate with Cummns or Tiffin or Freight liner from the field. Without this, your repairs will be slow and lots of Expensive Parts Replacement troubleshooting, replacing items that are not the problem. I look forward to your assistance. Thank you

vettenuts 07-26-2021 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryd13 (Post 5845481)
Vettenuts,

Can you be more specific. I have e mailed and called Freight Liner, Damler North America, ect. for drawings that clearly show the pnuematic pipiing and devices from the engine Air Compressor out to all devices. I HAVE RECEIVED ZERO. Now, I have found various BENDIX AIR BRAKING SYSTEM videos, and airline flow diagrams, ect. but this is not specific to any specific mfg,. model of motor home.

Would you be willing to send a copy of what you were able to obtain, here or via e mail to me, Jerry at proudfox13@gmail.com along with the specific
contact info. so I may attempt to obtain such.

This issue is also true as to electrical control wiring schematics and parts, operating and service manuals for the Cummins Designed After Treatment Device " DEF" on my 2012 Tiffin Phaeton. Cummins Quick Serve has provided next to zip, so far, and this is material that can assist all motor home owners when a problem crops up as it can help technicians communicate with Cummns or Tiffin or Freight liner from the field. Without this, your repairs will be slow and lots of Expensive Parts Replacement troubleshooting, replacing items that are not the problem. I look forward to your assistance. Thank you

Here is the link to request a DTNA account from Freightliner. Once approved, you will have access to schematics, parts diagrams, owners and service manuals. It takes several days to receive the account once you apply.

Navigation of the site takes a bit of getting used to but the information is there.

Also shot you an email with a bunch of pdf files.

https://dtnacontent-dtna.prd.freight...t-NewUser.html