iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   Average time at RB for first year warranty service (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/average-time-at-rb-for-first-year-warranty-service-546944.html)

JohnCZ 07-25-2021 04:35 PM

Average time at RB for first year warranty service

I'm sure this various based on items you needed serviced, and when you go - but what has been people's experience lately going to Red Bay for their first year service items?
We have just a short list of items, and some paint drips to tend to.

lllkrob 07-25-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCZ (Post 5846116)
I'm sure this various based on items you needed serviced, and when you go - but what has been people's experience lately going to Red Bay for their first year service items?

Since your coach is in warranty, you will get priority scheduling. This time of year you should be no more than a couple of days to get in. The repair time depends on what you need done. Paint work is another matter. Depending on the body shop's schedule you could be a week or more getting in, and then several days getting the paint work done.

boomersooner 07-25-2021 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCZ (Post 5846116)

If you are on Facebook, look up the groups: Red Bay Roll Call (all about Red Bay), Tiffin Motorhome Owners Group, Tiffin Motorhomes Technical Forum, and Tiffin RED Owners group. The information and speed at which questions are answered is mind boggling. I have learned so much there compared to anything else on the internet I have looked at.

Phaeton RVer 07-25-2021 08:23 PM

I’d plan for 7-10 days, just depends on how many people are already there. It’s basically first come, no reservations. We were there in May and got in a bay on Day 3 but some people had been there 3 weeks due to their list of items being 40-50 things, including paint issues, which can be a week or so by themselves. When we go back in the spring I’m going to plan for 2-3 weeks to be safe.

momdoc 07-25-2021 08:31 PM

Depends on how many folks are there. We have been three times and times were from 5 to 16 days. It all depends. I would plan on a two weeks and be happy with less.

36PFT 07-26-2021 11:57 AM

We have been here 2 weeks. Spent 50 minutes in mechanical and got into service bay on day 12 for 2 days of service.

mkassab 07-27-2021 06:06 AM

I'm getting ready to go to Red Bay for my first time and I understand all the above input.... but, I do have a questions regarding where you stayed and how much notice you received when it Tiffin was ready for your turn....

e.g.,
1. Assume you stayed in your coach until they're ready?
2. Assume once Tiffin takes in your coach, you booked a hotel?
3. How much notice and communications does Tiffin give you regarding them being ready to take the coach and they will finish the work?
4. Are the RV sites flexible enough to be this variable with unknown dates?
5. Are Hotels easy to fine and deal with the variable dates?
6. Once your Coach is checked in with Tiffin, can I assume you won't have access to it until work completed?

any advise most welcome.

Thanks Mark

MikeStarr 07-27-2021 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkassab (Post 5848111)
I'm getting ready to go to Red Bay for my first time and I understand all the above input.... but, I do have a questions regarding where you stayed and how much notice you received when it Tiffin was ready for your turn....

e.g.,
1. Assume you stayed in your coach until they're ready?
2. Assume once Tiffin takes in your coach, you booked a hotel?
3. How much notice and communications does Tiffin give you regarding them being ready to take the coach and they will finish the work?
4. Are the RV sites flexible enough to be this variable with unknown dates?
5. Are Hotels easy to fine and deal with the variable dates?
6. Once your Coach is checked in with Tiffin, can I assume you won't have access to it until work completed?

any advise most welcome.

Thanks Mark

They normally call you around 3PM and tell you to have your coach in the service bay at 7AM the next morning. You will get the coach back at 3PM when they close so you don't need a hotel. You will continue to bring it back to service at 7am each morning until its done.

mkassab 07-27-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeStarr (Post 5848144)
They normally call you around 3PM and tell you to have your coach in the service bay at 7AM the next morning. You will get the coach back at 3PM when they close so you don't need a hotel. You will continue to bring it back to service at 7am each morning until its done.

Thanks so much Mike... this is good news

Mark

Coffee Guy 08-03-2021 04:15 PM

I just left Red Bay. It is not very busy there now. The Allegro Campground which will be in is free to you had at least fifteen openings. It took us only three days to get in the express bay. If your new coach needs more then the alloted time they will move you to a different bay to finish you up. You will get to stay in your coach every night even while it is in the paint shop. Enjoy. One thing to make note of is that it is a dry area so bring your adult beverages with you.

Adam1219 08-03-2021 08:22 PM

Rough when you are not retired yet

I've wanted to go to RB, but I'm not retired yet so I can't drive 700 miles and sit for 3 weeks. Bummer because once I can do it my warranty will be over.

jimheiner 08-05-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam1219 (Post 5859417)
I've wanted to go to RB, but I'm not retired yet so I can't drive 700 miles and sit for 3 weeks. Bummer because once I can do it my warranty will be over.

Drive over to Red Bay, drop the coach, drive back home in your toad, and go pick up the coach when it's all done. Tiffin is good at that scenario.

Adam1219 08-06-2021 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimheiner (Post 5861541)
Drive over to Red Bay, drop the coach, drive back home in your toad, and go pick up the coach when it's all done. Tiffin is good at that scenario.

700 miles times 4.......

JohnCZ 08-06-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimheiner (Post 5861541)

I didn't know that was an option, but was wondering. Thanks.
We are only 4-1/2 hours away. So, if repairs look to go on more than a few days, we can head home and wait for a call.