iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class C Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f87/)
-   -   NEW Ford E450 Brake & power steering prob (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f87/new-ford-e450-brake-and-power-steering-prob-547046.html)

AZARNIE 07-26-2021 10:11 AM

NEW Ford E450 Brake & power steering prob
 
I've new Jayco Greyhawk on a E-450 V-10 Bought new on Fri. 7-23-21
550 miles latter in Nashville, Tn. lost power Steering & Brakes as well:( Got stopped without killing anyone. Mid Tn. Ford service says replacement pump and hose are backordered, they said they have three other units sitting there with same and parts may be 4-6 weeks out!!?? I've now been on hold for over an hour with Ford Customer Service or should I say LACK OF FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what can I do?

RobbieH 07-26-2021 10:17 AM

I didn't even know they were still using the V10, I thought they had all gone to the Godzilla V8.

I'm betting it's the same issue that's plaguing everyone in every industry. Shortages and delivery issues on a global scale.

Ron Dittmer 07-26-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieH (Post 5847073)
I'm betting it's the same issue that's plaguing everyone in every industry. Shortages and delivery issues on a global scale.

I just returned from my local home improvement store. The isle with all the various outdoor window and door caulks and colors are limited to clear, white, and remnants of a few unpopular colors. Most bins are completely empty.

It's hard to get back to a "working" USA when so many people have been paid so well to stay home.

RobbieH 07-26-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer (Post 5847488)
I just retuned from my local home improvement store. The isle with all the various outdoor window and door caulks and colors are limited to clear, white, and remnants of a few unpopular colors. Most bins are completely empty.

You should try to buy PVC around here. Snowmageddon was a long time ago, yet nobody has any normal size PVC fittings.

RetiredbutWorking 07-26-2021 03:33 PM

Sorry for your issues, but Ford did not create the pandemic and it's associated shortages. If so many new RVers hadn't purhased new rigs, there may be parts left in the supply chain. Either way you look at it, all you can do now is grin and bear it.

frank1018 07-29-2021 07:47 PM

Boy that is tough. Just bad. Keep us posted. Sorry you are dealing with this on a new unit. I have an older 2015. Going on long trip next month. Worried about any type of break down. Can you get a part, who knows. There is no quality, and there are shortages of a lot of thing. Good luck my friend.

tmbeadle 08-25-2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZARNIE (Post 5847061)
I've new Jayco Greyhawk on a E-450 V-10 Bought new on Fri. 7-23-21
550 miles latter in Nashville, Tn. lost power Steering & Brakes as well:( Got stopped without killing anyone. Mid Tn. Ford service says replacement pump and hose are backordered, they said they have three other units sitting there with same and parts may be 4-6 weeks out!!?? I've now been on hold for over an hour with Ford Customer Service or should I say LACK OF FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what can I do?

Just happened to me. (V8-7.3) 400 mile RT to Michigan and Back. Exited the highway to home, no brakes nor steering. Barely made it home. Popped the hood, fluid spray everywhere inside, nothing in either steering or brake reservoir. Puddles forming underneath on te ground now

Has your problem been fixed, and what exactly was it? My buddy just looked at mine (as it just happened), and he thinks my issue is more likely a faulty line or fitting to the Hydro-boost system than actually a bad pump.

Still waiting on both my RV and Ford dealer services to call back.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sabrejet 08-30-2021 04:27 PM

Is this a on going problem, or an isolated one?

sibe 08-30-2021 06:46 PM

Being in the repair business...I have seen these shortages grow and grow..

Blame what or who... our tired, rich arses will just need to wait for those access card holders to run out of excess cash... SO sorry, my odd sarcasm..

This is a world problem not a USA problem, very few car parts are made in this country.. OK many are, I get a variety of parts every day, GM Ford ,, china, mexico... Chrysler is a toss up..

I have waited months for some parts to finish repairs.. .. I have a Police unit for weeks needing a bumper and fan shutter assembly.. bumper is upgraded to 6 weeks but shutter is no ETA we are 650+ in line... blah blah.. We deal with.. cant change it.. it is not personal ....


Point is the heavy stock in rough shape, so many places closed and ARE NOT coming back.. Auto Truck manufactures are pushing to move forward to resume production and cut losses,,,

Certain things will get worse before better,

Sabrejet 08-31-2021 05:53 AM

To clarify my question. I understand the shortage. The real problem is, what is Ford doing to correct it?

tmbeadle 08-31-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrejet (Post 5895367)
To clarify my question. I understand the shortage. The real problem is, what is Ford doing to correct it?


Agreed, the real questions are; is it a pervasive issue, and how are they addressing it?


My unit just made it to the shop yesterday. Due to the shop's backlog (not just this issue, but general service appointments ahead of me), I don't even expect to hear for at least a week, probably more.

Sabrejet 09-02-2021 05:37 AM

Go to Ford-Trucks.com. Then to forums. Now to Super duty/heavy duty and find out the extent of the problem. I guess my RV search is on hold.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.