iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Fuel Filter Adapter (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/fuel-filter-adapter-547206.html)

Oemtech 07-27-2021 12:54 PM

Fuel Filter Adapter

I had 2 calls yesterday about the fuel filter adapter. So, I emailed my contact at Champion Labs to see if they still make the kit. They do and I found a site that is selling them. You will not believe the cost..... $5.73 (on sale - reg price $15.07)

If you search for WHG481FK LUBERFINER FILTER KIT you will find a company call Filter Products Corporation... link to the kit

ktoutoor 07-27-2021 05:45 PM

Great deal but shipping quote came back at $21.28 for my location.. the price of living in the sticks I guess..lol

Oemtech 07-27-2021 08:13 PM

Your alternative is $69 and probably plus shipping.:D

Triple HHH 07-28-2021 08:28 AM

I just contacted the folks at Wheeler Fleet Products and the filter adapter assemblies are still on national backorder with no eta as of yet. I just placed an order with FPC and will see if I have any luck receiving the assembly in a timely fashion.

Triple HHH 07-28-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oemtech (Post 5848706)
I had 2 calls yesterday about the fuel filter adapter. So, I emailed my contact at Champion Labs to see if they still make the kit. They do and I found a site that is selling them. You will not believe the cost..... $5.73 (on sale - reg price $15.07)

If you search for WHG481FK LUBERFINER FILTER KIT you will find a company call Filter Products Corporation... link to the kit

I just received an e-mail from the CEO of Filter Products Corporation. The Luberfner part is out of stock and have been on backorder for several months. The eta for these to be available is estimated at mid-August.

ktoutoor 07-28-2021 05:03 PM

So I just had to look .. back in 2014 I paid $20.14 for the OEM filter and adapter from my local workhorse dealer...
Those where the good old days....

Oemtech 07-30-2021 09:11 PM

My Champ Labs contact just answered my inquiry about the hold-up in the adapter kit. It seems they have gone to outsourcing the kit instead of in house and yes they are coming from China. Compost happens.

OBTW - I am getting 2 prototypes. Standby - film at 11.

Oemtech 08-05-2021 06:23 PM

I received the 2 prototypes and there is not a hill of beans different in what Champ Labs sold as a kit and kit from China. Remember the fuel filters were already made in China.

Triple HHH 08-18-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oemtech (Post 5861976)
I received the 2 prototypes and there is not a hill of beans different in what Champ Labs sold as a kit and kit from China. Remember the fuel filters were already made in China.

I just received e-mails from two companies that sell the workhorse filter assemblies. One representative suggests that the eta for parts is end of October, while the other suggests mid November. You are correct, these items are manufactured in China. with that said, i would rather spend my hard earned dollars on something fabricated in the USA if at all possible.

Oemtech 08-18-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple HHH (Post 5878567)
I just received e-mails from two companies that sell the workhorse filter assemblies. One representative suggests that the eta for parts is end of October, while the other suggests mid November. You are correct, these items are manufactured in China. with that said, i would rather spend my hard earned dollars on something fabricated in the USA if at all possible.

Don't hold your breath... Why do you think Champion Labs went offshore? I will give you 3 guesses and the 1st 2 don't count.

Link to my website with pics of the China proto-type adapter kit. Just page down to see the images.

I would put the pics here by IV2 seems to not honor the insert image function.