iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Inside Camera (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/inside-camera-547262.html)

rotorjock 07-27-2021 05:38 PM

Inside Camera

Does anyone know of a decent camera I can put inside my coach to monitor my dogs while I'm out? I have a hotspot but so far the cameras I've tried don't connect to it. I want something I can use campground WiFi or my hotspot and check on them on my phone from anywhere else.

Shanks12 07-27-2021 06:27 PM

I've brought one of my ring camera's from home and set it up in the camper before. Worked great as long as you have service.

TandW 07-27-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanks12 (Post 5849242)
I've brought one of my ring camera's from home and set it up in the camper before. Worked great as long as you have service.

Does the Ring Camera system work without a DNS subscription?:popcorn:

Spk64 07-27-2021 06:36 PM

We use a Blink camera in ours. Grandfathered in on the free storage so no cost incurred and can access anywhere. No Dynamic DNS service required.

Dunrollin 07-27-2021 06:38 PM

I have a Wyze cam that I use for this. It works great and I can view my pups from anywhere. I do have a wifi hotspot at the motorhome. An added benefit is the camera records 24/7 so it is also a valuable security device. These are pretty cheap but very reliable.

Shanks12 07-27-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TandW (Post 5849255)
Does the Ring Camera system work without a DNS subscription?:popcorn:

This is the one we have: https://ring.com/products/mini-indoor-security-camera - $59 but you can often find them on sale on the website or Amazon.

I have the full ring account with multiple cameras at my house, but you can buy one of these and get "Real-time video with Live View" but it will not record. But you can pay like $3/mo or $30/yr for the full plan (for 1 camera).

momdoc 07-27-2021 08:00 PM

We use one for our dog that not only is a camera but also a Temperature minder and will notify us if temp is too hot.

pdeinc 07-27-2021 08:51 PM

You can use an old cell phone without a sim and an app such as Presence.

pdeinc 07-28-2021 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momdoc (Post 5849388)
We use one for our dog that not only is a camera but also a Temperature minder and will notify us if temp is too hot.

Can you share which one that is? Does it require a subscription?

Billett Bee 07-28-2021 06:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We use a morvelli cam with the smart life app. Super cool and easy. No subscription, just a wifi signal. Pull it up on the app, steer it around and look for your pets, look down, look up, look wherever,, plus talk to them on the mic or hear if there behaving and not barking. We love it and recommend .
Outside at the front door we have a ring.
Inside we also have a govee temp/humidity monitor on wifi that we set to parameters to inform us if it gets to hot etc for the Dogs while were away.

rotorjock 07-29-2021 09:30 AM

The problem I have isn't the camera itself, it's having to use a hotspot for the WiFi. it isn't as clean a signal and most devices won't stream off hotspot. I already have two different cameras that do fine at home, but only on the home WiFi. I don't need storage, just the ability to look at an app on my phone and see what's happening in the coach.
Thanks so far to all who have responded. Good information. I have a Wyze camera coming tomorrow. at least I can return it if it doesn't work.

Billett Bee 07-29-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotorjock (Post 5851502)
The problem I have isn't the camera itself, it's having to use a hotspot for the WiFi. it isn't as clean a signal and most devices won't stream off hotspot. I already have two different cameras that do fine at home, but only on the home WiFi. I don't need storage, just the ability to look at an app on my phone and see what's happening in the coach.
Thanks so far to all who have responded. Good information. I have a Wyze camera coming tomorrow. at least I can return it if it doesn't work.

We are on the hot spot fmca unlimited sprint plan for 49.99 a month. Its Been truly great. were at 115 used gigs and it's not slowed once and we stream about 10-12 shows a wk. Love it