iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Magne Shade Blew Off (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/magne-shade-blew-off-547464.html)

CWSWine 07-29-2021 08:17 AM

Magne Shade Blew Off

We have been in lot wind storms include three months in Rio Grande Valley and never lost our Magne Shade but couple days ago ours blew off in thunder storm and we found it in a drainage ditch. No damage including the graphics on the front of shade but beware it can happen.

USMCRET 07-29-2021 08:31 AM

It has happened twice to me in ten years. If the wind direction and velocity are just right it will go, but generally they stay where put.

DGBPokes 07-29-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMCRET (Post 5851416)
It has happened twice to me in ten years. If the wind direction and velocity are just right it will go, but generally they stay where put.

Iíve had about two events over several years. I did notice the newer Magna shades have two magnets on the vertical edge, not counting the corners. My older shade has just one. That would make a big difference.

DGBPokes 07-29-2021 10:15 AM

With that said, I guess you could buy a couple extra magnets, place the permanent one on the inside of the windshield and add the exterior one manually and sandwich the shade after itís installed on the original magnetsÖÖof course paint the magnet to match the shade.🤣

CWSWine 07-29-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGBPokes (Post 5851551)
Iíve had about two events over several years. I did notice the newer Magna shades have two magnets on the vertical edge, not counting the corners. My older shade has just one. That would make a big difference.

Mine has top and bottom corners and two additional on the vertical edge.

zzotte 07-29-2021 03:15 PM

Wow had to be a heck of a storm

Pine Stump 07-30-2021 06:15 AM

Thanks and ours has never come off so what wind speeds are we talking?

oregonhiker 07-30-2021 08:04 AM

We have had ours come off twice in the past month. We were in the Omaha/Lincoln area and it was during a couple of nights that had pretty bad storms. If I remember right there were gusts upwards of 60 mph during those according to the weather sites. If we see that we are going to be in that bad of winds we will remove them for the night. Just good insurance against possible damage or loss.

Ken C 07-30-2021 12:16 PM

Ours has never come off in 2 1/2 years. We have been in strong winds in the SW without a problem. Ours have 5 magnets on each side including two in the upper corners of which one thin magnet mounted on the outside of the glass.

Fiesta48 07-30-2021 02:14 PM

We were in the RGV last winter. In 3 months it was NOT windy for about a week total. During the Winter Armageddon I've never been so south so cold and wet. Of course our furnace went out at the same time.