iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   RED 33AA CO monitor (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/red-33aa-co-monitor-547974.html)

txkyot 08-02-2021 06:06 AM

RED 33AA CO monitor

I have a 2019 RED 33AA that here lately the CO monitor mounted down towards the floor has started going off when the coach is in storage. There isnt any engine’s running in the storage unit, just closed up and hot. Could the monitor be going bad? There is a label on the monitor that states it replace the monitor every 5 years.

Any one had this issue??

Thanks, Scott

Tedo 08-02-2021 06:18 AM

Mine does that occasionally under the same circumstances. I just take it off the wall and disconnect. Always reconnect before using the coach. Had not heard about the replacement piece.

Dale R 08-02-2021 06:46 AM

Following….
My ‘18 QBH alarms on the propane side. Propane tank is turned off, alarm replaced with a digital readout showing something is there. 2:00 am in the morning or if I am gone for days, my neighbors let me know. Mind of its own.
Since I have occasional rear bath sewer gas smell, I’m in the middle of replacing air admittance valves, cleaning both waste tanks real good, and covering shower drain when not in use.

luvlabs 08-02-2021 07:12 AM

Stop agonizing over the thing and get a new one. They do fail prematurely and it isn't worth the aggravation you are expressing.

Kiawah 08-07-2021 10:11 AM

They're supposed to be good for 5 years, and I have the same coach (2015 age) and replaced mine around 5 years as it was blinking the ageout code. I would not think it is necessarily defective.

They do alert on propane as well, so I would do a little troubleshooting first. Turn the propane off while in storage, see if that makes a difference (I also had a propane host begin to leak at 3 years, so this is a real possibility. You can inspect with a soapy solution brushed on to the hose connections, hose and fittings). I would also check you are not overfilling your batteries to avoid boiling off. They should only filled with distilled water, just to the point that they are just touching the very bottom of that plastic piece inserted.

The sensor is 12v, so verify your house battery voltage is at least 12.0 volts or greater.

Also, if/when you go the replacement route, the new sensors are a different size than the original. I cut and stained a thin wood template that covers the whole, and the new one fits into. Got the wood home depot, think it was 1/4" thick.

Byrdbetsy 08-10-2021 07:13 AM

I’ve just had same experience: we have 21’ Open Road Allegro. Delivered to us in April. Went to storage yesterday to prep for trip this week. LOUD beeping going off…thought it was smoke detector so removed battery…not that. I noticed On Spyder Control panel that house battery was red-lined at 11.7v. When I cranked up rig beeping stopped and house battery started charging again…are these interrelated?

Last ran MH for propane refill this past Friday??

Any insight is appreciated!

luvlabs 08-10-2021 08:03 AM

The alarm will go off with low voltage. You should either disconnect your house batteries when in storage or add a trickle charger.

Bagger97 08-10-2021 09:23 AM

Had to replace both of ours as they failed. Of course it was 3 am and the only way to stop it was to unscrew the unit and cut the wire.