iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Carrier Ducted Roof A/C's Don't Start (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/carrier-ducted-roof-a-cs-dont-start-548036.html)

ricklsmith53 08-02-2021 02:52 PM

Carrier Ducted Roof A/C's Don't Start

:sad:
I had an issue today where both front and rear Carrier Ducted A/C units would not fire up... And we are planning to leave it 6 days for a trip. Talk about an "Oh Crap" moment in Florida in AUGUST! Well I searched blog after blog and could not find my answer. But as I was reading one of the hundred blogs and service manual, etc. I found a comment talking about a complete system reset. This was not bulleted, or in bold print, but that was it! Or maybe it was one of the many prayers I said begging for help!!! You unplug your shore power, and shut off your 12vdc (mine has a big switch) and then wait about 60 seconds. I waited about 3 minutes. Powered everything up and bingo, both A/C's were working fine. That little trick should be on the cover of the Carrier A/C Owneres Manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

HarryStone 08-02-2021 03:18 PM

Good info. So far, no issues with my 15 year old Carrier AC units.

geordi 08-03-2021 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricklsmith53 (Post 5857656)
You unplug your shore power, and shut off your 12vdc (mine has a big switch) and then wait about 60 seconds. I waited about 3 minutes. Powered everything up and bingo, both A/C's were working fine. That little trick should be on the cover of the Carrier A/C Owneres Manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Guessing that you have the Carrier units with a remote control thermostat, the control board for these is 12v powered. It would save you a LOT of headaches to locate the specific fuse in your 12v distribution panel (probably near the main 120v circuit box) and put a little tag on that one.

All you need to do is just disconnect the fuse and when you reconnect it, the control board will reboot.

If you ever have issue with these and this doesn't work, it IS fixable to keep the units in service. They are way better I think than any other option at the moment.

powderman 08-03-2021 09:04 AM

On mine even though it has the remote, there are two buttons on the unit to control them manually.

HarryStone 08-03-2021 09:09 AM

Yep. I think those buttons are standard on the carrier AC units.

YC1 08-05-2021 06:41 PM

If it was my manual it would definitely be written on the cover referring to the page of the information.

I always suggest reading the owners manuals taking notes and using highlighters. Writing page numbers on the face is great. No librarian will scold you.

Re-read the manuals again in a week or two. Read them as if you are going to be tested, because I assure you that there will be a test. Just as the OP mentioned. Getting ready for a trip and some major outages such as this can raise your blood pressure.