iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   COVID-19 RVing Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f296/)
-   -   Exposed to Covid! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f296/exposed-to-covid-548283.html)

MSHappyCampers 08-04-2021 09:49 AM

Exposed to Covid!

We attended a family gathering Sunday afternoon and found out this morning that our grandson was diagnosed with Covid today! Annette and I have both been fully vaccinated but can't help being nervous! :eek:

swampdog2 08-04-2021 09:59 AM

Stop worrying! If you do get it , it most likely will be mild ! I had 2 office employees come down with at the same time a month ago ! I did not get it nor did any of the other office that had been vaccinated catch it ! You will be fine and remember you have most likely been around hundreds that had and you didn't even know it ! Can't live your life worrying about what you can't control ! Just be aware of the symptoms and if they show up go to the doctor and be checked !

wildtoad 08-04-2021 10:17 AM

If you’re Vaxxed then you’re good to go. Stay away from old people. Oh wait….:cool:

RobbieH 08-04-2021 10:22 AM

I'm still suffering from my infection, mostly trying to get crud out of my lungs. Father is still really hurting, he's 79. He spent 3 days in ICU the second week of July. I caught it from him. Both of us fully vaccinated. Media is downplaying the extent of the breakthrough cases. Be careful out there!!!

tap4154 08-04-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieH (Post 5860059)
I'm still suffering from my infection, mostly trying to get crud out of my lungs. Father is still really hurting, he's 79. He spent 3 days in ICU the second week of July. I caught it from him. Both of us fully vaccinated. Media is downplaying the extent of the breakthrough cases. Be careful out there!!!

Very sorry to hear that all. Which vaccine did you get, and were you fully vaccinated for several weeks when you caught the virus?

laj 08-04-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers (Post 5860007)
We attended a family gathering Sunday afternoon and found out this morning that our grandson was diagnosed with Covid today! Annette and I have both been fully vaccinated but can't help being nervous! :eek:

For you, your un-vaccinated grandson, or both?

RobbieH 08-04-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tap4154 (Post 5860088)
Very sorry to hear that all. Which vaccine did you get, and were you fully vaccinated for several weeks when you caught the virus?

2 shots of Pfizer for my father, 2 shots of Moderna for me. Yes, months before being infected.

tap4154 08-04-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieH (Post 5860136)
2 shots of Pfizer for my father, 2 shots of Moderna for me. Yes, months before being infected.

Wow! Do either or both of you have any immunity issues?

RobbieH 08-04-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tap4154 (Post 5860140)
Wow! Do either or both of you have any immunity issues?

Nope. The breakthrough infections are real. Like I said, be careful.

Doc told my father had he not been vaccinated he wouldn't be here anymore. I was able to get over mine (for the most part but you know what I mean) by just staying home.

tap4154 08-04-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieH (Post 5860145)
Nope. The breakthrough infections are real. Like I said, be careful.

Doc told my father had he not been vaccinated he wouldn't be here anymore. I was able to get over mine (for the most part but you know what I mean) by just staying home.

Yeah that's one thing to be thankful for, you both might have been much worse had you not been vaccinated. After all, the vaccine isn't 100%, but it is pretty good. Of the breakthrough cases I've heard of, many are folks that have immune-compromised issues, but the bottom line is that very few end up dying. Something like 99% of those filling up the hospitals now are unvaccinated.

John.W 08-04-2021 12:31 PM

Similar thing happened to my wife and I. We were vaccinated last January with the Pfizer vaccine. We were exposed to the Delta variant Covid from her mother and father who were both vaccinated in April with the Pfizer vaccine. My wife and her parents all came down with Covid, although it was a very mild case for all three people. This was confirmed via Covid testing. I believe the infection rate for vaccinated persons is much greater than the information being issued. In my small circle, 3 out of 4 vaccinated people is a pretty high incidence rate. Be careful out there.

MSHappyCampers 08-04-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laj (Post 5860135)
For you, your un-vaccinated grandson, or both?

Worried about our entire family, but especially our grandson. He did not get the vaccine, mainly because of his dad's ranting about masks, vaccines, etc. :sad:

scbwr 08-04-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers (Post 5860261)
Worried about our entire family, but especially our grandson. He did not get the vaccine, mainly because of his dad's ranting about masks, vaccines, etc. :sad:

So sorry to hear about this! I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Due to the situation with the variant and having a 2 year old granddaughter, we're back to wearing masks whenever around other people and indoors or unable to maintain a safe distance.

Just my opinion, but people need to understand that this variant is much more contagious. And although the odds may be small, fully vaccinated people can have the new variant, be asymptomatic but able to spread it.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and I hope to hear that he is much better very soon. Take care!

laj 08-04-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers (Post 5860261)

Hope everything works out for the best for all of you