iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/)
-   -   TV or Pad (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/tv-or-pad-548288.html)

Jimmy Jime 08-04-2021 10:09 AM

TV or Pad

What do you like better?.....

TV and a cable for hook-up

or

Some kind of Pad (IPad, Kindel....what ever)
with a hot-spot and you're good to go.

Elwood58 08-04-2021 10:23 AM

We connect our cell phone with unlimited cellular internet to a small travel router (Gl iNet). We have a Firestick connected via HDMI Splitter to all three TVs. The router give us enough WiFi to connect tablets as well.

We also use our King Jack Tv Antenna a lot. I do not think we have gone anywhere that we were not able to get a few channels.

RobbieH 08-04-2021 10:24 AM

Both. TV for when more than I am watching, iPad for when it's just me.

Kuzzy 08-04-2021 10:36 AM

A lot of places we go have no wifi and crappy cell service.
I download movies and tv shows from Prime at home onto a laptop and hook up with an HDMI cable to the tv in the coach. You need a newer smart tv to get both sound and picture.

lemodrop9344 08-04-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Jime (Post 5860036)

or

Over the air (OTA) for local channels, RV park wifi if available, cellular streaming if desperate. TV's (3 of them) have ROKU's & I also have a coax distribution box feeding each of them.
Have found it's not an 'or' question; instead I have multiple sources for my TV fix when needed.

RobbieH 08-04-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuzzy (Post 5860084)
A lot of places we go have no wifi and crappy cell service.
I download movies and tv shows from Prime at home onto a laptop and hook up with an HDMI cable to the tv in the coach. You need a newer smart tv to get both sound and picture.

I have an NVidia Shield with a tiny external drive, running Plex Media Server for that use. It is now in its third RV.

You can either plug the NVidia directly into the TV, or any dongle such as Google TV, Fire TV Stick, Roku, etc. can access it. It's not a necessity to have a smart TV.

rk911 08-04-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Jime (Post 5860036)

or

big screen and DISH Network.

Unicorn Driver 08-04-2021 11:15 AM

I have tried many options and my favorite is laptop connected via HDMI to either a 32 or 4inch tv. We download all content to the laptop from Netflix, Amazon etc.

If we have decent phone signal I connect my phone to the tv directly and can watch "live content". I prefer the laptop option of using the laptop.

Jimmy Jime 08-04-2021 02:35 PM

Thanks Everyone...your info sure makes you think about "what's good for you"