iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Updated Toilet Install Question (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/updated-toilet-install-question-548334.html)

browser 08-04-2021 03:44 PM

Updated Toilet Install Question

2013 Sightseer 36V. I would like to install a Dometic or Thetford elongated bowl toilet. Both require 11 inches from flange bolt centerline to rear wall. I have 10 inches. Winnebago says I should be able to move the flange one inch without disturbing the pipe connection between flange and tank. Has anyone actually done the conversion? I am only concerned about the drain, not the supply.

KCFDCapt 08-04-2021 06:50 PM

I installed a Dometic 320 in my Itasca Meridian. It calls for 11 inches, I measured 10 1/2, and I still have clearance between the wall and the toilet. The only thing I see as being close is the angle of the lid as the toilet gets closer to the wall. You may have to put a latch on the wall behind the toilet to hold the seat/lid when in the upright position.

Old-Biscuit 08-04-2021 07:32 PM

To move floor flange you have to CUT/Modify/Repair the floor/pedestal

Moving the toilet down pipe 1" would put pressure on down pipe connection at tank...
If glued to tank fitting then it could crack
If slip gasket was used then it could distort gasket and allow odors to get past gasket seal

On line pics ...looks like toilet is pretty close to wall???

Was this Winnebago person a Service Tech or Customer Service Phone answerer ??

browser 08-05-2021 04:47 PM

More Infromation

You are right on all counts. I am willing to modify the floor flange. The Winnebago person was in their tech support group. He provided a CAD drawing of the system that shows there is a fairly long pipe between flange and tank. Moving the flange one inch would have very little impact at the tank end. I guess I just have to pull the toilet and have a look.

tap4154 08-05-2021 04:50 PM

I would find the toilet and actually measure it. The specs probably allow an inch or two for clearance. You may not have to move anything.

neub 08-06-2021 09:41 AM

I just installed one in our 2005 journey. Measuring from the wall to the center it od the flange was 10 1/2". After install of the 320 we have about 1/2 to 3/4" of clearance between the toilet and the wall.

NHRA225 08-06-2021 10:08 AM

[B]Must be toilet week--Just replaced my very old Sealand 510 with a Dometic 320, my Flange was clocked in the wrong position so used 2 of the old 4 mounting bolts and unscrewed the flange and turned it 1 in counter clockwise -Big lesson is that My down pipe is threaded into the Black tank -- Easy Job .
But if you think your going to move that flange mounting in any direction to gain clearance your going to stress the down pipe mount on the Black tank.
I'd remeasure B]