iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   New at iRV2 and new RV (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/new-at-irv2-and-new-rv-548437.html)

Mghflorida 08-05-2021 12:03 PM

New at iRV2 and new RV

Hello from Florida.
My husband and I bought a Monaco Coach 43ft a couple of years ago, we loved it but o was very intimidated driving it, so we bought a 2022 Enterga XL 39.4 which we just got a few days ago. Donít know everything about it yet, but Iím already liking it. Our first trip is to WV almost loaded and ready to go soon. Question if anyone can help. We have a full house refrigerator, so do we have to keep the generator on to run the refrigerator while traveling?
Glad to be here and thank you in advance.

Spdracr39 08-05-2021 12:05 PM

Since is a residential it should run off the inverter for several hours without having to run the generator.

:dance: Welcome !! :dance:
There are many good folks here to offer help and advice, glad you could join the party :thumb:
Safe Travels!! :wavey:

MSHappyCampers 08-05-2021 12:26 PM

Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us! :dance:

Congrats on the new rig! Let the adventure begin!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

TonyDi 08-05-2021 12:54 PM

:welcome:

Nice to have you onboard with us.

As mentioned the inverter will run your refrigerator.

Make yourself at home and let us know what we can do to help you.

momdoc 08-05-2021 08:14 PM

Welcome to the forum congrats on the new rig. Make sure your inverter is on and then don't worry about the fridge while you are traveling down the roasd.

You are joining a good group of friends here with a great information to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up or add information if you can.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!

PABO05 08-05-2021 09:08 PM

:welcome:

Congrats on your new coach.:dance:

Enjoy to the fullest.

Good times ahead.

Mghflorida 08-06-2021 05:16 AM

Thank you

Thank you all for the welcomes and the advises! ❤️

Question by running the inverter will it run out the batteries?

Indy Glenn 08-06-2021 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mghflorida (Post 5862390)
Thank you all for the welcomes and the advises! ❤️

Question by running the inverter will it run out the batteries?

First off welcome......we are glad you are here.

No, your chassis batteries (engine) and you house batteries (living portion) will charge when the engine is running as you drive.

The batteries will deplete when you are not running the engine or generator. The generator will also charge the batteries.

As an FYI, your residential fridge, when cool, takes very little electricity to run. As you prepare for a trip, tun your fridge on if plugged in to precool before you put food in it. A 110v plug is enough for you to run the fridge when parked.

With all this said, you can run your generator as you drive down the road if you want to run the roof ACs. This is nice for when you get to your stop, your rig is cooled.

Good luck, there is a large learning curve but that's what your iRV1 family is here for.

g

Bo Bo 08-06-2021 06:54 AM

Hello and welcome! We are new members as well. In fact this is only my 2nd post. However we are not new to camping. We recently purchased RV rig number 8. Anyway you said you were coming to WV and live in FL. We live in WV and sometimes go to FL.

Our last trip out the Ref did not work while going down the road. To keep it cool on the long trip, I ran the generator from time to time while on the road. I checked the fuses, reviewed the manual and was lost about what to do. Then while reading on a forum someone said check the inverter to make sure it is on. Well, it was off. That was the problem. Turn it on and the Ref. worked without generator or electric plug in.

What happened? It worked before on the trip prior to this one. I discovered that if plugged into elect the inverter will turn it's self off and does not turn back on when electric is disconnected. Don't know if it is supposed to work that way or not, but I just have to turn it back on when I want to use it.

Sorry for the long post, but maybe if you have the same issue it will help.