iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   RV Systems & Appliances (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   Atwood water heater circuit board issue (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/atwood-water-heater-circuit-board-issue-548449.html)

Z Whitman 08-05-2021 02:01 PM

Atwood water heater circuit board issue

4 Attachment(s)
The water heater in my 2005 RVisionTrail Lite quit working. I thought it was a fuse or breaker because there was zero power to the unit but I couldn't find any that were tripped or blown out. The igniter wouldn't spark, no lights on the panel - nothing. Mine is a 6 gal, combo propane electric, model # GC6AA-10E.

I took it to a shop for diagnostic and the tech tried a different circuit board. It turned on! The part would have cost double the price if I got it from him, so I used the same serial number to get this from amazon.

It turns out the wire connectors sizes don't match.. I contacted Dometic and was advised that the correct part number is 91365 (replacement for the 91226 which went bad). However, when trying to locate this part online, I see 91365 in many title descriptions for items, but when I look at the photos for these circuit boards, there is a different part number on the labels.

Has anyone here gone through anything similar and can provide their two cents on how to ensure I get the correct replacement circuit board when I order again?

thank you!

Z Whitman 08-05-2021 03:26 PM

I just solved this.
There was a connector included with the 93305 circuit board I ordered. It's a shame it took me this long to figure out, but issue resolved. The water heater turns on and ignites.

Old-Biscuit 08-05-2021 10:01 PM

Was going to ask if you had the edge board adapter

Glad you got it figured out and working.

Hot water GOOD!

Still have the OEM Circuit Board?

Run a couple of Continuity tests to verify circuit board is faulty vs just bad connections

TO TEST POWER TRACK:
Place negative lead of the multi-meter to ground (green
wire) track of edge connection and positive lead of the
multi-meter to top power (brown wire) track of edge
connection.
If no continuity, board is defective.

TO TEST VALVE TRACK:
Place negative lead of the multi-meter to ground (green
wire) track of edge connection and positive lead of the
multi-meter to valve (red wire) track of edge connection.
If no continuity, this indicates a blown valve track.

Z Whitman 08-05-2021 10:05 PM

Oh, that's a great tip. Much appreciated!

Sundancer268 08-10-2021 07:51 PM

Personally I would have bought a Dinosaur replacement board, they have a better reputation than the OEM boards from any of the RV appliance equipment manufacturers. Atwood, Norcold, Suburban Dometic etc.

petewolff 08-10-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundancer268 (Post 5868620)
Personally I would have bought a Dinosaur replacement board, they have a better reputation than the OEM boards from any of the RV appliance equipment manufacturers. Atwood, Norcold, Suburban Dometic etc.

I ordered a replacement circuit board from Atwood and it was bad , right out of the box !
Apparently this is a common occurrence.
Dinosaur makes a much better circuit board , thatís what is in my unit now.

Old-Biscuit 08-11-2021 11:13 AM

OP.....
1st OEM Board lasted since 2005
New OEM Board is working correctly

Issue resolved......no need to replace a perfectly good working board

Did you try the continuity tests on Old OEM Board??