iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Gear and Product Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/)
-   -   Scrub Daddy? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/scrub-daddy-551522.html)

MSHappyCampers 08-27-2021 04:07 PM

Scrub Daddy?

We use a Scrub Daddy all the time in the kitchen and love it! I wondered if it would not be good to remove bugs from the front of the MH. I looked on their website and found that auto exterior paint is on their approved list of surfaces. Just to be safe, I sent them a message asking the same question. They assured me that it is safe for auto paint!

I'm going to try it. I'll let you know! :dance:

Martian 08-28-2021 07:11 AM

They are great for that on fiberglass trailer caps!

astrnmrtom 08-28-2021 10:39 AM

Hummm. Interesting product. I usually use my thumb or fingernail while washing the front of the RV to remove bug guts, but that method makes my wife go: "Eeewwww!"

Ok, guys. Be honest. Are you going to use the kitchen Scrub Daddy on the bugs while your wife isn't looking? You know, like when you grab a knife out of the silverware drawer because it's quicker and easier than going to the garage for a screwdriver? :whistling:

hewebb 11-25-2021 06:18 AM

I keep the front waxed and the bugs come off easily. I clean them off when the days driving is finished. I would never use any abrasive item to remove bugs.

In the past I used a grapefruit cut in quarters to get the bugs off the airplane wings. Wipe the juice on, let set for a few minutes and wipe off with wet towel.

Bill Gail 11-25-2021 11:25 AM

A trick us motorcycle riders use for bug removal is simple , no scrubbing , no chemicals and no fruit is abused in the process.

Wet a towel with hot water and place over the surface , glass , fiberglass or whatever , that you want to clean the bugs off of.

Go have a cup of your favorite beverage , come back about 10 - 15 min. later and simply wipe off the bug remains.

The motels on the way to the Sturgis Rally put stacks of old towels outside the rooms for use . They were not happy with us using their bath towels.

bobmar 11-25-2021 12:34 PM

Never tried a Scrub Daddy. We use wetted Bounce sheets. Cleans ‘em right off. I think anything abrasive on a regular basis could be detrimental.

MSHappyCampers 11-25-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobmar (Post 5997048)
Never tried a Scrub Daddy. We use wetted Bounce sheets. Cleans ‘em right off. I think anything abrasive on a regular basis could be detrimental.

The Scrub Daddy is very hard when dry, but becomes very soft when wet. That's why I thought it might be good to remove bugs.

johnhicks 11-25-2021 06:08 PM

Here where the state bird is the love bug, we use fabric softener sheets. Wet the surface and let sit a few minutes, then scrub with softener sheets. Then use water and a sponge the wash away the white stuff the softener sheets leave behind.

bruce91 12-09-2021 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by astrnmrtom (Post 5891881)
Hummm. Interesting product. I usually use my thumb or fingernail while washing the front of the RV to remove bug guts, but that method makes my wife go: "Eeewwww!"

Want to try this with your finger nail. LOL

For the life of me i can't get the picture right side up. I tried making a copy of it and rotating it but it still displays sideways.

MSHappyCampers 12-09-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce91 (Post 6011867)
Want to try this with your finger nail. LOL

For the life of me i can't get the picture right side up. I tried making a copy of it and rotating it but it still displays sideways.

WOW! That should keep you busy for a while! :eek:

Bylandorsea 12-09-2021 04:59 PM

Some one needs to change perfume or cologne!

YC1 12-09-2021 05:16 PM

https://bugsoffpads.com/

This is my go to for washing and cleaning the front. Bugs come off easily. Originally bought at an RV show and then online to replenish.

They are soft to start and dry out easily when done. With a good paint brush pole I can easily reach the top edge of the RV.