iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Leveling left/right (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/leveling-left-right-553177.html)

RV Vagabond 09-08-2021 04:57 PM

Leveling left/right

Does your leveling system allow you to lower and raise the front left and rear left jacks in unison? Mine does left/right leveling with the rear jacks only, which twists the frame and house infrastructure and has done damage to my interior walls. So I am wondering how common leveling systems are available without doing such twisting.

HarryStone 09-08-2021 05:45 PM

It took some checking to figure you have a LCI hydraulic jacking system. Your system should absolutely use both front and rear jacks at the same time. Will they go down manually? When does it malfunction?
Here's the manual, but you probably have that already. I suggest you contact Lippert directly. 432-LIPPERT (432-547-7378)

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001535.pdf

RV Vagabond 09-08-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryStone (Post 5906777)
It took some checking to figure you have a LCI hydraulic jacking system. Your system should absolutely use both front and rear jacks at the same time. Will they go down manually? When does it malfunction?
Here's the manual, but you probably have that already. I suggest you contact Lippert directly. 432-LIPPERT (432-547-7378)
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001535.pdf

Wrong.....I have Power Gear and the manual says they will work the way I said. When I called them on the phone to confirm that, I was told that they are working the way they are designed to, so there is no malfunction.

RonandDeb 09-08-2021 06:30 PM

Mine does allow for front, rear, left, and right unison plus an auto level feature.

What I cannot do is lower or raise just one corner at a time.

That's frightening to think that the system can twist the coach, but I guess it's certainly possible. Just never thought about that. Perhaps that's why I cannot adjust one corner.

Does your system have an auto level feature?

RV Vagabond 09-08-2021 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonandDeb (Post 5906832)
Mine does allow for front, rear, left, and right unison plus an auto level feature.
What I cannot do is lower or raise just one corner at a time.
That's frightening to think that the system can twist the coach, but I guess it's certainly possible. Just never thought about that. Perhaps that's why I cannot adjust one corner.
Does your system have an auto level feature?

Yes, I have an auto level feature. And with mine, I can lower/raise just one corner at a time, for the rear 2, but the front 2 have to go in unison.

Gordon Dewald 09-08-2021 06:52 PM

Our Tour will raise or lower both front at the same time, both back at the same time, both left at the same time and both right at the same time. Dont see how I could control one individual jack.

Perhaps a call to Winnebago Customer Support.

l1v3fr33ord1 09-08-2021 07:07 PM

RV Vagabond-

What is the model number for your Power Gear control panel and/or system?

My coach has the Power Gear "Power Level" system, with the 140-1226 control panel. It is a four-jack system, but the front two jacks are valved together, so they act as one jack. This means they cannot provide any side-to-side (left/right) leveling. The rear jacks work the same as yours- they adjust the side-to-side (left/right) leveling.

The instructions for manual leveling with this system are very clear: To reduce or prevent twisting, the front jacks must be lowered first, and once both are in contact with the ground, the front of the coach should be raised an additional 3 inches. This allows the coach to "roll" as needed on the front jacks, so that the rear jacks will not twist the frame.

I manually-level 100 percent of the time (the auto-level puts the coach too high most times I have tried it). On occasion I have leveled without raising the front by 3 inches, but I am careful to not do so if there is a lot of left/right difference to be leveled out.

In any case, your Power Gear system may operate differently. We'll know better once you tell us the model number(s).

HarryStone 09-08-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RV Vagabond (Post 5906813)
Wrong.....I have Power Gear and the manual says they will work the way I said. When I called them on the phone to confirm that, I was told that they are working the way they are designed to, so there is no malfunction.

That's fine. Next time, do everyone a favor and list your rig, and the manufacturer of the offending item. Saves everyone a lot of time and aggravation.

RV Vagabond 09-08-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 (Post 5906884)
RV Vagabond-

What is the model number for your Power Gear control panel and/or system?
My coach has the Power Gear "Power Level" system, with the 140-1226 control panel. It is a four-jack system, but the front two jacks are valved together, so they act as one jack. This means they cannot provide any side-to-side (left/right) leveling. The rear jacks work the same as yours- they adjust the side-to-side (left/right) leveling.
The instructions for manual leveling with this system are very clear: To reduce or prevent twisting, the front jacks must be lowered first, and once both are in contact with the ground, the front of the coach should be raised an additional 3 inches. This allows the coach to "roll" as needed on the front jacks, so that the rear jacks will not twist the frame.
I manually-level 100 percent of the time (the auto-level puts the coach too high most times I have tried it). On occasion I have leveled without raising the front by 3 inches, but I am careful to not do so if there is a lot of left/right difference to be leveled out.
In any case, your Power Gear system may operate differently. We'll know better once you tell us the model number(s).

Mine 140-1226 also. "So that the rear jacks will not twist the frame" is what I am missing.

RV Vagabond 09-08-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryStone (Post 5906965)
That's fine. Next time, do everyone a favor and list your rig, and the manufacturer of the offending item. Saves everyone a lot of time and aggravation.

I was asking about other peoples' leveling systems, not mine. I have no question about mine, just wondering if many people have better leveler systems.

mrboyer 09-09-2021 06:52 AM

I have HWH. I first level automatically and then manually adjust. Usually have to raise drivers side, but when I do the passenger side lowers about the same amount.

RonandDeb 09-09-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RV Vagabond (Post 5906987)
I was asking about other peoples' leveling systems, not mine. I have no question about mine, just wondering if many people have better leveler systems.

I probably should have said that mine is an 'Equalizer Systems' leveling system. Sorry about that. It would be nice to have independent rear jacks. I have to use the lego blocks to get one corner up.

Also, I don't have a Winnebago, but I didn't think it mattered as this was originally under the General forum. :thumb:

RV Vagabond 09-09-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonandDeb (Post 5907256)
I probably should have said that mine is an 'Equalizer Systems' leveling system. Sorry about that. It would be nice to have independent rear jacks. I have to use the lego blocks to get one corner up.
Also, I don't have a Winnebago, but I didn't think it mattered as this was originally under the General forum. :thumb:

Yes, my question has nothing to do with Winnebago. A moderator here is a little hyperactive.

LETMGROW 09-09-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RV Vagabond (Post 5906813)

My coach has the same levelers as yours. I check the level of my coach before touching the leveler control panel. If one side is lower than the other I will stack blocks under the leveler foot on the low side in the front to compensate for the low level then run the front levelers down until they just hit the block then run the rear levelers down until they contact the ground or a 2 x 12" wooden block under each leveler foot. I always have at least one 2 x 12" block under each jack foot. Then I will lift the coach alternating between the front and rear levelers and make small tweaks using the rear levelers as needed. If I feel I have added too little or too much blocking under one side in the front I'll retract all the levelers and adjust the height and start over. I cringe when I think I'm twisting my coach's frame. When you are twisting your frame you are twisting everything else in the entire coach.
When I park in my site at the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen NY my right side is 4 1/2" lower than the left. I have ramps made up for the front and rear wheels which when driven up onto leaves the coach almost perfectly level. We have had the same site reserved for the race for 16 years and have had travel trailers and a class C parked there. Once I have my class A on the ramps I stack 2 x 12" blocks under the levelers and raise the coach just enough to take the spring out of it when walking around inside. The cupboard doors stay put whether opened or closed, the bathroom door stays put and the fridge door stays where you open it to.
I have often said I'd like to be able to run all four jacks independently but it's not possible so I have to out think them. LOL