iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   My TPMS is actually working!! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/my-tpms-is-actually-working-554072.html)

seeg 09-15-2021 12:11 PM

My TPMS is actually working!!
 
Imagine my surprise when I glanced at my TPMS readout and it actually showed pressure and temp for all 8 tires. I did have an additional antenna installed in Las Vegas but it didnít seem to help as the outside drive tires wouldnít display. We drove from Las Vegas to Spearfish and then home and never had more than 4 or 5 tires displayed. I just figured Iíd have to deal with Spartan at some later date to get the issue resolved. I have to assume the sensors are affected by heat as it was over 115 in Las Vegas and around 105 in the NW when we got home. It was 60 this am when I took the coach on a short refueling trip. Life is good, tank sensors are working as designed, TPMS is working now Firefly has to figure out how to get my network screen to populate.

HarryStone 09-15-2021 03:41 PM

The small victories are what makes us happy.

Nowabeachbum 09-15-2021 05:00 PM

This too shall pass!

brobox 09-15-2021 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum (Post 5915268)
This too shall pass!

:laugh::rofl: Mine worked once when it dropped below 85 degrees in FL. Maybe there is hope if I get to go north again. :D

fagnaml 09-15-2021 05:19 PM

I have the Tire Minder TM-77 TPMS and have had zero problems with the system in all ambient temperature and weather conditions (except when a battery in a transmitter dies). A "signal booster" came with the system which I place in the engine compartment of my Jeep Wrangler which assures good pressure/temperature signals for the Jeep tires and coach rear tires. When I'm not using my coach, the signal booster and monitor are stored in a cockpit drawer of my coach.

I recommend the Tire Minder system for folks who do not have a TPMS system for their RV.

Nowabeachbum 09-15-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fagnaml (Post 5915291)
I have the Tire Minder TM-77 TPMS and have had zero problems with the system in all ambient temperature and weather conditions (except when a battery in a transmitter dies). A "signal booster" came with the system which I place in the engine compartment of my Jeep Wrangler which assures good pressure/temperature signals for the Jeep tires and coach rear tires. When I'm not using my coach, the signal booster and monitor are stored in a cockpit drawer of my coach.

I recommend the Tire Minder system for folks who do not have a TPMS system for their RV.



Yeah Mike I agree, but unfortunately what these guys have is the in-tire monitors that come with the coach and are integrated into the glass dash.

seeg 09-15-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum (Post 5915360)
Yeah Mike I agree, but unfortunately what these guys have is the in-tire monitors that come with the coach and are integrated into the glass dash.

Yep, and itís not too much to ask that it works as designed. It should not require an additional antenna and a $300 plus tool to set temp parameters. I agree with others that the tool should have been provided with the coach especially now that the ability to access that tool has been affected by Donís retirement. Even better adjustability should have been built into the software.

brobox 09-16-2021 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeg (Post 5915488)
Yep, and itís not too much to ask that it works as designed. It should not require an additional antenna and a $300 plus tool to set temp parameters. I agree with others that the tool should have been provided with the coach especially now that the ability to access that tool has been affected by Donís retirement. Even better adjustability should have been built into the software.

Same complaint I have had on the last 2 new coaches. The system was new on my 19 and the digital dash. I was assured by Spartan and Don Rigby that they would get the installation and setup bugs worked out for the Entegras. Fast forward to the delivery of the 21 two years later. Same problem, above 85 degrees it does not work.. Not only did they not make the correction as promised, it seems too many are having the same problem, so they disconnect the phone number. Perfect way to end the complaints. :D

Gary.Jones 09-16-2021 10:11 AM

I've now used the Valor TPMS system for 3 1/4 years and have never noticed that ambient temperature had anything to do with whether the system worked or didn't....... news to me (!), and my bet is that ambient temperature is not the operational variable here.

Gary

brobox 09-16-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary.Jones (Post 5916030)
I've now used the Valor TPMS system for 3 1/4 years and have never noticed that ambient temperature had anything to do with whether the system worked or didn't....... news to me (!), and my bet is that ambient temperature is not the operational variable here.

Gary

From experience on two coaches once the pavement heats up from the ambient temperature being over 85-90* you will have constant amber heat warning lights for your tires that will dominate the digital dash. Nothing new, I have been complaining about the same problem for 2 years with 2 different coaches. From other posts it looks like it is very normal with the factory setups that were suppose to be correct 2 years ago.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.