iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Light control panel in the bedroom stopped working (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/light-control-panel-in-the-bedroom-stopped-working-554860.html)

N6CUS 09-21-2021 11:27 AM

Light control panel in the bedroom stopped working

1 Attachment(s)
I was making the bed and when i went to turn off the light i touched the panel and a spark jumped from my fingers and now no lights on that panel and nothing works on that panel only. all the rest function normal.
this is the panel by the door just to show what kind of panel im talking about

Any Ideas

brobox 09-21-2021 11:33 AM

Static electricity probably popped the panel. Remove the panel, plug it in the bathroom fuse panel port....it probably still does not work.....order a new one, it got fried.

voltdoc 09-21-2021 12:11 PM

Agree with brobox, in 2017 we (actually DW aka "sparky") blew out 9 panels in a 6 month period. Mine did not have ESD (electro static discharge) protection (they do now), but your panels should have it built in, so I'm a bit surprised it was destroyed. You will most likely need to order a new panel.

Gary.Jones 09-21-2021 12:22 PM

Ron

When we travel to the SouthWest and Quartzsite from th humid Gulf Coast, we always have trouble with static electricity, This is particularly true in the winter. We try to remember to always touch the mounting ring around the main VegaTouch panel or anything that is grounded before we touch any of the switch or main panels as it is easy to s=draw a spark.

I think Chuck is giving you the right steps to try to resolve. If the panel is good, his steps should get you reset. If not, the panels should be available, pre-programmed, and with the same labels and functions as your originals.

You should be able to access all those lights from the main wall panel

Gary

N6CUS 09-21-2021 03:44 PM

All is well now

I talked to Kelly at Entegra and she told to shut off the salesman switch for a couple min then back on AND if the dont work take the unit off and un plug it and put tape on the loose wire so it doesn't fall in to the wall. The plug it in to some outlet in the forward bath room fuse area it should light up and work if not replace unit but when unit

BUT

it works after just shutting off the salesman with by the door and back on..

thanks for all the helped
See your in Quartzsite in Jan if there will be a gathering

bevandtomH 09-21-2021 04:54 PM

Like Ron, we fried two of our wall switches due to static.
Unfortunately, the new ones donít shut off with the panel over the bed so our rear bath is a little bright at night. If there is a cancel feature I have not found it.

Gary.Jones 09-24-2021 10:00 AM

Ron

There will be a gathering in Quartzsite. I am trying to get the announcement and registration posted on the ECOA website. Should not be too much longer.

I will also post a note about it being up on the ECIA web site when we have it finished.

Gary